360 slight pause when in Auto mode | FerrariChat

360 slight pause when in Auto mode

Discussion in '360/430' started by captrick, Jul 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    #1 captrick, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally bought a 360 F1 Spyder 2002 Ac did not work so dealer replaced the compressor to prepare the car for sale. The dealer also replaced the clutch, the fluids and usual service items. I have only driven the car three days. The car is dial in and runs great, I am lazy so I use the auto mode as a new user it does the work while I learn the car characteristics. Mostly looking for potholes to be honest my roads sux. It seems the car is pausing between gears as it goes up the cycle. IT is almost a stall then seems to catch up and move on. Only does this in auto mode not if I use the paddles no other problems noted. Is this a normal F1 characteristic? The dealer has the Service computers they do all the high end cars. I tried to note the temp seems normal temp 210 - 230ish F I forget. I left the car with the dealer they will have their Fcar guy Test drive. Like the car want a 430 but cash on hand only allowed a 360 for now good first Fcar for me. I liked the color so I bought it. Want the 430

Negative note first day out I stopped in a restaurant guy was smoking outside when I pulled in. sat where I could see the car but not him. after lunch found the prick thumped his butt on my car sat on the trunk crease burned the paint so I thought took it to a old timer paint shop the guy rubbed some cream on it burn paint gone. I am lucky the previous owner had the clear film installed so the butt burned the clear film can't even tell. what is wrong with this people? Lesson learned watch it like a hawk at stops and restaurants. Security camera yielded nothing and the guy paid with cash. No trail to find him.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Richard- Once she is warm, try Sport mode along with Auto. Should speed up the shifts. Likely you will not be using Auto for long, at any rate, before you get used to shifting on your own.

3. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    Taz kinda thinkin the same it does lag - been lazy but more confident now to start cycling the gears myself. Didn't think about the Sport mode. Good one.

4. TALON30

TALON30 Karting

Jan 8, 2010
    If i am correct, there is an update for the f1 transmission. I have a late 03 model and mine runs great in auto, sport, and paddle. I run my 99% of the time in auto mode. The sport mode will make you spin out if you are not careful.

5. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thumped his butt on my car sat on the trunk crease burned the paint!! Man that is just wrong.

6. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    I know first day driving solo thought I was watching my car closely you have to watch the people around you car closely as well. Tried to ID him no joy a lesson learned for me no damaged due to clear Bra materiel. No Camera image of him or his vehicle he paid cash and departed the area quickly no damaged Old paint guy rubbed his magic cream and all is gone.

7. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Sorry to hear some loser needs to act like a real tosser and do that to your car.
    They're about.

Don't use auto! It was never any good unless you have a Mcdonalds while you're driving hahaha. I find it horrible.

Play with the paddles, and stop being lazy!

8. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    IIRR the 2002 was the last year of a non-adjustable PIS TCU. Take the shelf cover off that's behind the passenger seat and look at the part# of the TCU and compare to Voicey's list. The later TCUs had better shifting characteristics.
    Alan

Ferrari 360 F1 System | Aldous Voice

9. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    You guys have a really great background with these wonderful cars. I got to get smarter! 993man you are right I got to get busy. The TCU number is at the top of my list now. Thanks all

10. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Agree
    If u wanted an auto you should of bought a merc

11. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    I got three older mercedes 190E 300SD S320 I went for something different with the 360 Spider is a very nice car I have to get used to it. Also got to keep a close eye on it parked outside at stops and restaurants. We have lots of open roads in Texas but so many cops. I did the same thing flying military aircraft when possible just press the altitude and heading hold buttons and drank some coffee. I guess I am lazy.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Richard- Nothing wrong with using Auto. That is why it is there. The last 360 TCU came out late in CY 2002, at Assembly Number 47380, and was part number 211023. Your owners manual will show you where the assembly number is. Next nearest was a bit earlier in CY2002 at AN 47115. There were a bunch of them.

What did you fly? F-111s for me.

13. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    TAZ

Been to the GD plant many times in FTW. Aussies still fly them. I am a Army guy Mostly CH47 UH1 and OH58. about to be retired after 35 years. Car is a Retirement gift for me. I love the ol F111 swept wing bomber very cool. I was actually a Test Pilot so I love learning about the systems on board the car.

14. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    my build was a 129247 in 2002 so I got to research the TCUs. So a quick flash may do the trick.

15. captrick

captrick Rookie

Jun 13, 2013
    stateside now
    Full Name:
    Rich Moore AKA UNO
    TAZ

Been to the GD plant many times in FTW. Aussies still fly them. I am a Army guy Mostly CH47 UH1 and OH58. about to be retired after 35 years. Car is a Retirement gift for me. I love the ol F111 swept wing bomber very cool. I was actually a Test Pilot so I love learning about the systems on board the car.