Anyone Know This 04 360 Spider? | FerrariChat

Anyone Know This 04 360 Spider?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Akellums, Jul 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Akellums

Akellums Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Modesto California
    Hello,

I am seriously considering purchasing a 2004 Rosa Corsa/Tan 360 Spider 3 Pedal, 2 owner car. VIN#: ZFFYT53A240138254. I was wondering if anyone has any information/knowledge of it. This is my first F-Car purchase and want to make sure that I am making the right decision. It is priced at the higher end of the market $89K (what I can get it for) and is a very well equipped (front and rear grills, modular's, shields, Daytona's, and Tubi), with all tools, spare tire kit, cover, books, and the majority of the records. However; it is due for it's next major and currently has just over 12K on the clock. The only real issue besides the major needing to be done (due to time) is both of the front fenders have been damaged due to the fairly common issue of tire rubbing which I have been told is fairly common with 360's. It is somewhat noticeable (at least to me) and the paint is cracked a bit. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    "Common tire rubbing problem with 360's" Who told you that? Tire rubbing is an issue if larger wheels were installed or the car was lowered -- not with OEM wheels.
    Alan

3. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    Usually one gets the fenders "rolled" or flared and the problem disappears. And as Alan said, the OEM setup should not cause this.

4. Mallick_1984

Mallick_1984 Rookie

Apr 23, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Abhishek Mallick
    Dear Aaron,

I purchased my car with similar issue. And as Alan pointed out earlier, it is not a common issue of tire rubbing against the fender. What could be common is fenders bulging, and I have noticed it on many 360's ( 4-5) in my 360 search, but knowledgeable knows roll their fenders prior to major damage. Fender rolling may cost you ~ 350$ (Indy). This is a delicate process of pre-heating the paint and rolling the fenders without cracking the paint.

However, if fenders are not rolled, and the owner continues to drive the car with non OEM wheels (esp. with spacers), they get caught up and damage the fenders beyond your usual "rolling" repair. Then, you would have to fix the fender and re-paint, and this may set you back by ~3500$ (Indy).

Regards,

5. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    My car has stock rims and still damage to the front fenders....maybe it is slightly lowered...how does one determine that? Hey Aaron, buy the fricking car will ya? ;)

6. Akellums

Akellums Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Modesto California
    Thanks guys... The car has factory modular wheels and stock size tires. I am not sure if it has been lowered or not. It does not look like it but may have been returned to stock height? According to one post here on Fchat:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/364876-fender-lip-buckling-360s.html
    This could be caused by the shock absorbers failing (or lowering or larger wheels). Would probably have to get the fenders rolled and then re-sprayed which I do not want to do. Thanks BrettC, I'm working on it! LOL