Looking for 360 | FerrariChat

Looking for 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by daveomfs, Jul 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daveomfs

daveomfs Rookie

Jul 28, 2014
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Hi, I'm new to the board.
    I've just started looking for a clean and good-conditioned 360 (prefer spyder but coupe ok, too). I came across this listing on ebay and the dealer seems to be a reputable one in San Diego. I read the "buying guidelines" on the other thread and will have a PPI done but just wanted you know your thoughts. Thank you.

Ferrari 360 Spider F1 | eBay

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Welcome!

Seems fair. I would get a ppi and make an offer based on those results.

3. opherhenry

opherhenry Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 17, 2014
    Huntingdon Valley, PA
    I just spent a week scouring the internet. I just bought one out of NC and can't wait to get it. If this color works for you this car is a no brainer and it isn't too terribly far from you. I would only buy a manual FYI but that's me.

Ferarri 2002 360 Spider

4. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    I do like the Red/Black combo. Actually, I think I like the Black interior better than my tan!

5. shad99

shad99 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Japatul Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looks about right. I would recommend Bobileff Motors in Kearny Mesa for the PPI. They did mine in June for a 2004 Spider which I purchased. The inspection was very thorough, and I found Gary Bobileff a standup guy who I felt was really on my side. He personally called dealers who had previously serviced the car to verify. Bobileff is close to Sports Car Co so should be easy to do.

Good luck with your search. We are still in the "afterglow" of our purchase and getting ready to drive the Pacific Coast Highway to Monterey. Let us know how it turns out.

Cheers, Andy

6. daveomfs

daveomfs Rookie

Jul 28, 2014
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you, all for your input!
    Would actually prefer Red/tan but the black interior is growing on me, even just in photos.
    Besides the exterior color, the one in Yakima, WA is perfect.
    Actually, I was looking at F355 Spyder that Gary Bobileff was selling out of his shop but decided to look for a 360.
    Will keep on looking.

7. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Dave,

You may end of finding every one these cars are beautiful especially in person. I didn't want my color but seen it person and I love it now. I didn't want "silver" but seen one and it is unreal. That being said, get what makes you happy.

8. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    This car had been for sale in FL for a long time. I was offered the car at $72K a few months ago.

9. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Jim Lyons sports car company is one of the largest retailers of used Ferraris on the West coast, they are reputable. Get a PPI so you know what your getting, however, my advice is to negotiate a price before you get the PPI. Get a price set with the dealer assuming the car is in good shape, if there are things needed in the PPI, then you negatioate that afterwards. My reason for this is not to spend money on a PPI if they're not willing to come to a price that works for you.

10. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    welcome!!!

11. daveomfs

daveomfs Rookie

Jul 28, 2014
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Feel very welcomed with all of the great advice....thanks!

12. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  13. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Originally Posted by opherhenry View Post
    If this color works for you this car is a no brainer and it isn't too terribly far from you.

Ferarri 2002 360 Spider

This car had been for sale in FL for a long time. I was offered the car at $72K a few months ago.

Have had the car for sale for less then a week, and never offered to anyone for that price. Yes everyone seems to want red, and that is great, and not because it is my car, but put this beside a red one, and people will be drawn to the Alloy car. Just saying, but statement about it offered in Fl. is way wrong. Jerry

14. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Ferrari of Denver has a very nice Red/Tan spyder.

15. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    Here's the offer from the FL dealer (he also has a partner James in CT):

ANTHONY CIPRIANO <[email protected]>
    Feb 3
    good afternoon dave the 360 gets back from Ferrari service tomorrow evening I can get better pictures for you at that time (just snapped a few quick for ebay). I know you have a list if things that we will address and I understand this is a high dollar car, but I can lower the price to 72k as well you received a counter offer on the other 360 . Please let me know if you are going forward with that deal. Thanks anthony 800-255-9102

He earlier emailed me:

The 360 is at ft Lauderdale Ferrari having the timing belts / tensioners /and roll over valve completed (4k in services)

Check your paperwork and see if the major was done there. There are not too many Grigio Alloy cars where the interior trim pieces have been resprayed in the body color.

16. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Alpintourer,

Not the same car, not even close. I have owned my car for over 3 years,
    Just decided to sell it last week. All service records sense new,
    Don't know why you would think it is the same car, of course I can not
    see any pics in the add you posted.

but this is a different, and very nice car.

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    David, welcome to the forum! I think you'll find this to be a very informative place. The car you're looking at on eBay doesn't have much of a history - at least not from what I know. It was for sale in September, 2007, through Miami Luxury Cars, 6,964 miles, $189,900. Then it was for sale in October, 2009, through Potamkin Auto Gallery of North Miami Beach, 11,909 miles, starting bid: $80,500. Keep us posted on your search!

Congratulations! Can you tell us the serial number?

Stunning! There used to a forum member - MAKO, I believe was his username - who had a very similarly-specced 360, light blue with dark blue leather, manual transmission, etc. Is your aluminum center console tinted Grigio Alloy? I love it, it looks great!

18. hmfic1

hmfic1 Karting

Aug 15, 2011
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    yes, center console and lower door panels are Grigio Alloy, and thanks, the car is stunning

Jerry

19. daveomfs

daveomfs Rookie

Jul 28, 2014
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Thank you everyone for all your posts!
    Since I haven't seen Grigio Alloy in person, I can't make any decisions on it, although the car on the photos is beautiful and priced very well!
    But I have a silver Porsche 991S as one of my daily driver so hoping for something like red for my first Ferrari.

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If I only have 85 grand...

21. Dan87951

Dan87951 Rookie

Nov 9, 2013
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Dan S
    I like it! It would be hard for me to pay almost 90k for a 360 when 430 money isn't that far off in the grand scheme of things.