CS - ecu reset after connecting battery or switching off the master switch | FerrariChat

CS - ecu reset after connecting battery or switching off the master switch

Discussion in '360/430' started by bikz, Jul 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    1.Guys in my 348, the Motronic 2.7 system's fuel mapping system had to 'learn' its new parameters if the battery is disconnected and reconnected . I.e. reset again. I have no clue if this trait is to be done also to my CS. is it so ? Will I have.to start it and not touch the pedals etc for about 10 min till perhaps the fans kick in like in the 348?

2.The battery keeps draining because the window power switches' green lights in the middle together with the cigarette lighter lights never seem to switch off and are constantly on.....any idea why ? I posted a thread a few months back with no proper successful replies.

3.Is it okay to turn the master switch on and off frequently ? Any downsides to it?

Thanks in advance guys....every reply will be appreciated...cheers.

2. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
  3. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    I have done that frequently on my CS. The only downside is it disables the sound system. You need to type in the 4 digit "Code" to re-enable it. Make sure you have that code before you disconnect the battery. It should be in the sound system materials in the owners pouch. No ECU problems though.

4. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Just let it go through the 5 minute re-learn process (well documented here) and you are good to go. Just don't turn off the switch prior to a smog test.
    Alan

5. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia

thanks John B and English Rebel..... i guess till i figure out why those tiny power window switches "like" staying illuminated forever, i'll just turn the master switch/knob off and let the car go through the "learning" cycle each time i turn it back on

6. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Or use a battery tender. I put mine on every time it's in the garage.
    Alan

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Using a battery maintainer is much preferable to using the disconnect switch and starting all over again on the self learn process. That switch was meant for maintenance work and really long term storage. But, if you want to use the switch, it will not hurt anything. Here is a run cycle test I glued together from several workshop manuals that seems to work for most 5.2, 7.3, 7.1.1, and 7.3.2 Motronic systems.

Run cycle.

Turn battery disconnect switch off and turn off all accessories (stereo, A/C, etc).
    Let engine get completely cold or wait at least 30 minutes.
    Insert key in ignition and leave for 30 seconds.
    Turn ignition to on and leave for 30 seconds.
    Turn ignition off and leave for 30 seconds.
    Turn ignition on, wait for Check OK, and start.
    Let idle with no input whatsoever for 10 minutes.
    Turn accessories back on and drive gently for 10-15 minutes at least.
    You will have to insert stereo code, if required

8. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    thanks a lot sir.....i have actually kind of closed on upon the reason and prob the cure on why the battery was draining from another thread i had started ....will keep everyone updated...cheers