Central locking | FerrariChat

Central locking

Discussion in '360/430' started by Byebye911, Aug 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Hi, i am a new and happy 360 owner. I do have som work to do on my car. When i push the remote button the alarm is blinking, but doorslocks will not open or close. I have seen in the workshop manual, but could not find anything about central locking. Anyone have a suggestion where to start?

J.G
    Norway

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    1. Replace the battery in the remote.
    2. Press the button on the remote.. does the little red light on the remote come on when you press the button
    3. When you take your key and put it in the lock and twist I right/left do the doors lock?

3. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    mate.....having the same issue here with no solution yet...could you please check if the lights on your power window switches remain lit even after the keys are turned off?

and does your locking mechanism go "lock,unlock,lock" a few times when you

a) unplug the car batteries and and plug them back on/ turn off the master switch and turn it on )

b) take out the power window fuses and install them back.....(the fuses are in a panel behind the left seat)......

just check and see if this happens.....

4. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    If the immobilizer function is working properly, and it sounds like it is, you would not be able to start the car if you are unable to have the red light change status and hear the two beeps if it were not. Then it sounds like you have an actuator problem, start with the fuse and move forward from there.

5. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    vrsurgeon:
    The red light in remote is working.
    When i lock /unlock the driver side door, nothing happend to passenger door. No connection.
    My alarm siren is not working (red light all the time) So i dont hear any sound.

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Diagnosis on the electrical system is difficult on the internet.. so please bear with us..

So your alarm siren isn't working... and it sounds like your passenger door lock has some issues as well.
    To confirm, the drivers door is locking when you turn the key?
    You can hear the lock working in the drivers door?
    Can you hear the passenger door lock working at all when you turn the key?
    I'd still replace the battery in the key fob if you haven't yet. (its a 12v gargae door battery. pretty common and cheap. it can wear out in as little as 6 months, clean the contacts in there when you do and apply dieelectric grease)
    To confirm: The red light in the remote fob blinks when you press it? The red light on the left hand dash blinks as well (by the odometer reset button and the sport switch and rear fog lights)?

A burned out and shorted alarm siren can do funky things to the alarm system.

However.. like any electrical issue start simple, and then go complex.
    1) Fuses check them and see if they're burned out (fuse 73 and 74 behind drivers seat- see manual for location)
    2) The alarm siren is located behind a panel in the front trunk in front of the windshield. Remove it and the alarm is a black thing on the right hand side. There is a plug on the back of it. Pull it out and then try to use your alarm system with the remote.
    3) You can open the siren if you'd like and see if the circuit board is good. Its probably toast. GM makes a siren but many don't get an alarm beep. The original siren by ferrari can be expensive. if the electrical board isn't corroded you might be able to replace the internal battery with a rechargable 9V battery.
    4) If all the above checks out then its working down the system to the door locks.
    5) the siren (esp its battery) is known to be faulty and start with whats known and fix it before going to the unknown..

7. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Yes i guess you are into something Mufflerman, but i can`t find any relays or fuses for central locking. Are the same fuses for power windows?

8. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    vrsurgeon;
    Both doorlocks can lock and unlock the doors. But there is no electrical sound from the doorlocks. Is it supposed to be ? I cant hear the doors locking!

9. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Vrsurgeon:
    Red light on fob is working
    red light on left hand dash is blinking
    fuses 73 and 74 is fine.

10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If you just want to hear the "beep" "beep" when you lock the car.. replace the alarm siren.

11. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Ferrari Norway wants almost 1000 dollars for alarm siren. So i will see if i can replace the battery only, or go for the GM unit. Hmm, this doorlocks dont listen to the remote.

12. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    The alarm siren is out and removed, but it has no effect on my dead central locking.

13. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Darn! Was hoping removing the siren might help. At least now you can cut it open and check out the battery and board.

Just trying to discern the symptoms..

When you're in the car and you press down the button on the inner door handle, do both doors lock? Or do they lock and then unlock in the same motion? Oh and if you're outside the car and press the lock button on the remote, do any of the lights flash on the car?

Wondering if its a bad alarm module or other component..

14. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
  15. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    I did open the alarm siren, and i need a new one. The battery has leaking, and the unit is gone.
    I can lock/unlock left door with the key and lock/unlock right door with the key. They dont lock at the same time.
    From the inside i can push button on the right and left door. But they dont lock at the same time.
    If i push the remote button , i can get the alarm active. If i open the door, the blinkers start flashing. Only thing missing is doors closing.

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Interesting. They should lock at the same time when you press the drivers door tab on the inside of the drivers door. Something is amiss.. I'm not sure if its a lock cylinder thats sticking.. does one lock but the other doesn't?

17. Black360

Black360 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    FL
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #17 Black360, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you want to try to diagnose the problem using the 360 Spider wiring diagram, let me know.

The door locking module is supposed to energize both left and right doors, simultaneously. I suspect that color MV (Brown-Green) is battery (+) in the diagram below; could be color MN (Brown-Black).

At any rate, both colors go to left and right door connectors (1F and 11C) respectively.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Vrsurgeon: okey, so if i push button inside on drivers door, both doors should lock. They dont do that on my car, have to push button on both doors to lock.

Black360: Do you know where the door lock module is? Is it in driverside door?

19. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #19 vrsurgeon, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And I apologise to continue on this.. but if you press on the remote, do any of door locks make a sound?

Could be the relay that Black 360 is referring to..

Are you comfortable with diagnosing this if its a flaw in the electrical system? I'm just asking..

BTW: the wiring diagram at ferraridatabase.com should help.. fyi the door lock module Black 360 is referring to is this.. below the steering wheel.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    When i press the remote button ,i activate the alarm, but no sound from door locks.
    The doorlocks are dead. I found the door locking module under the steering wheel,leftside. A green unit. I belive this may be the problem, but not sure.

21. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    You might just want to try reseating the connector into the module. BTW I assume that your car battery is up to snuff and fully charged as Ferrari gremlins love low voltage.
    Alan

22. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Thanks english Rebel. Yes , i did reseating both connectors. The dynamo/generator is new, and battery i 1 year. So the voltage is good.
    Both locks are dead, so i guess the doorlocks themself are okey. I belive it must be the doorlock module.

23. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Can you remove the connector and apply 12 volts +/- to the appropriate pins to activate the locks? This will confirm that the module is at fault. If you do just make sure you have the correct pins.
    Alan

24. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    Hmm, its hard for me to understand the colourcode in the diagram. Are the letters Italian?

25. Byebye911

Byebye911 Karting

May 8, 2014
    Norway
    Full Name:
    J.G
    #25 Byebye911, Aug 7, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    I downloaded the Wiring diagrams, now i understand more of colour code;)
    But not easy to find the + and -.