Scuderia bolt to stud/nut conversion in titanium? | FerrariChat

Scuderia bolt to stud/nut conversion in titanium?

Discussion in '360/430' started by johan6504, Aug 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    #1 johan6504, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am putting on new wheels on the 430 Scuderia and will need to use 15mm spacers to make this work. The first choice would be to buy longer Novitec titanium bolts 67mm, but I am now thinking that it would make more sense to make a conversion to studs and nuts. The studs would make the spacer stay in place and changing wheels easier and safer for fragile CCM brakes.

I have seen these conversion sets on BMW and Porsche forums but haven't seen any here on FerrariChat. Anyone that know of a suitable set for the 430 Scuderia in correct length and with nice looking nuts, preferably in similar color to the original bolts?

Is the original dimensions M14 1.5 with conical head? Are there different angle for conical heads or are all conical nuts/bolts the same?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. LEAVINU

LEAVINU Rookie

Jul 7, 2009
    Sugar Hill, GA
    Full Name:
    Marshall
    Those are sexy!

3. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Another way would be to use the locating pins that screw into the hubs and locate the wheel while it's being changed.

The ones from my Porsche work so I picked up four and use two pins per wheel. It does a very nice job and protects the rotors from damage due to a dropped wheel.

In your case it would also help with the spacers.

Doesn't solve your issue of needing longer bolts/studs.

4. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    M14x1,5 is the original size. Conical is the standard for Ferrari 360 / F430. For most manufacturers the conical angle is 60*.

Many aftermarket and OE wheels use radius rather than cone. Be aware.

:D