Used 360 prices | FerrariChat

Used 360 prices

Discussion in '360/430' started by [email protected], Aug 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mixxalot@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2006
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    So I've decided to look at a nice well maintained 360 as they fit my budget. How much is a good deal on one? I see them between 60-100k with 360CS costing way more $$$

Second, how much should I budget for annual maintenance costs? Anything to watch out for? I'm going to test drive one this week to see how it compares to the Lamborghini that I've driven already in same price point. Prices on F430 are still over 100k for nice ones.

2. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Your scale is on the money, albeit a bit wide. I would look at cars above $75K unless your willing to have a service sooner than later. There are a lot of other factors, red/tan cars are always more, manuals are starting to bring more than F1's, accident/paint history, number of records, etc.

3. twoferrarisboy

Aug 14, 2014
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I've got 360 & 430 Spiders, the 360 I've bought brand new (2004). I'm always a bit surprised at some the servicing costs people think these cost to keep on the road, as its not my experience at all. I warm my cars up to full operating temperature before giving them a bit of stick...& never use the 'launch control' on the F430. If you treat your cars with respect, they'll return the favour with surprising low maintenance costs :)

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    there are some threads where many of us chimed in on maint costs. IIRC in rounded terms and based only on the quotes I've seen from dealers and assuming you don't drive more than 10,000 miles per year (most of these seem to average closer to 2000 miles per year)

Every three years:
    3x Annuals (fluids, filters, inspection) = $1200 = $3600 over three years.
    Every three years belts/tensioners = $2400 (on top of the annual that year)
    Tires every three years = $1000

So, something like $7000 / 3 years = ~$2333 per year. Something near that would get your a good service level performed at a dealer or good indy.

Does not include breakage.

Does not include a "portion" or "estimate" for other wearables/consumables like brake rotors and pads (I don't know the life for those) or for clutch (with F1 I'd recon the average life is ~20,000 miles - with a broad range).

5. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I paid 73 for mine. It was yellow with black Daytona seats, shields and a challenge grill. Take a look at a silver one in person. If you like it they seem to be cheaper than the others. If someone tells you it's a "rare" car, that means nobody wanted it that way. A "rare" color doesn't bring more money.

6. jpk

jpk Formula Junior

Ferraris are going to have a really wide range in price because of the nature of the market. You have enthusiasts with well maintained cars looking to pass on an heirloom and you have speculators and exotic-tourists looking to get in and out of a fancy car that they have no long term interest in. So you have your work cut out for you in finding the car that is right for your needs.

7. chefcore

chefcore Karting

May 8, 2014
    Virginia
    If it helps, I just bought my 360 and I paid $75k for a one-owner silver w/12k miles, manual and (totally awesome) racing seats. I obviously don't know anything about maintenance costs yet, but I have put 400 miles on it in 2 weeks - good times :)

8. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    What year/options did you guys buy? Spider, etc...

9. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I got a 2000 modena 17k miles. Fresh belt service. Shields, power Daytona seats and challenge grill.

10. Mallick_1984

Mallick_1984 Rookie

Apr 23, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Abhishek Mallick
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/445958-how-much-did-you-pay-your-360-a.html

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/443022-gated-manual-360-coupes-modena-market-2.html

The first thread has selling prices from fellow FChatters. And second one has asking prices for gated manual 360 coupes. Asking prices generally have 8-10% playing margins.

I bought a Rosso Corsa/Black 2003 Modena Coupe, 10K miles, fresh major + new clutch, challenge grill, Novitec wheels, Novitec Exhaust, Shields, 4 months ago, priced at 86.5K$. Had a slight dashboard shrinking problem though, which takes ~3K $ (Indy) to fix and that needs to be factored in.

11. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    You don't need to just look at cars over $75 to get a good well maintained 360. Price depends a lot on mileage. 35k plus seems to drop the price to below $65. You can pick up a nice well driven 360 for $65-$75k.
    Alan

12. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Lots of good ''high mileage'' cars out there!

13. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I agree. I was not put off by the 25K on my 99 -- seemed like low miles to me.
    Alan

14. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was looking for a "high mileage" car. I would want one that has miles put on it recently.

15. robertpel9

robertpel9 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Robert
    1999 Red/ Tan/F1/ Shields/Challenge Grill/ Red seat Piping and Stiching/ 16k miles. Full services records, all books, manuals, tools, everything down to the window sticker. Had major service done in March of 2013 and also the annual service at the same time as well as new tires so i have almost two years to go on the major and outside of a abnormal failure should be good to go to just drive. Absolute Mint Condition for $75k private party here in L.A.

I have put about 1000 miles on it in the 6 weeks i have owned it and its been flawless. Loving it!!

16. Joegnsx

Joegnsx Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 1, 2012
    Valrico, FL & Franklin, NC
    Full Name:
    Joe Gliksman
    I think you got a Ferrari bargain.

17. mixxalot@yahoo.com

Feb 9, 2006
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    I'm seeing prices for late model non-CS 360 tracking between 75-100k based on mileage, year and condition. I think most of the depreciation has bottomed out for the 360 and I can afford one so this weekend I'm going to drive one. At first I considered a used Ferrari California and drove one but price far more money and I'm don't care much for the looks compared to the 360 and 430 designs.

18. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Over the pond in Europe, the 360 is next to nothing in some countries. :-/

19. mixxalot@yahoo.com

Feb 9, 2006
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    JD
    Huh? The 360 is still a sexy modern exotic Ferrari. I don't see many in California and see tons more Lambos, Porsches, Audi R8, etc.

20. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
  21. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I guess not actually - down towards the bottom it says lower milage cars can cost $10k - $20k more. I guess that's pretty accurate for today's market.

22. Starfish

Starfish Rookie

Feb 28, 2012
    So Cal
    After your drive this weekend, you will likely begin to refine your preferences. Let us know more specifically what you are looking for.

23. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    The Forza prices have often been a little low. Not way out there but low. And yes, the prices have firmed up over the past year. The economy is improving that the demand is coming back strongly at the current price point.

24. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    With all due respect, this is wishful thinking. There are more 430s on the market than you can count, and their prices are dropping steadily This has put downward pressure on 360s, which continue to depreciate (albeit not as much as 430s).
    These are mass-produced cars, and are unlikely to ever be good investments- buy one because you want to own it and can afford to, not to make money (or even break even, especially when cost of ownership is taken into account).

25. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve