Lambo Gallardo SL vs F430 vs Scud ?? | FerrariChat

Lambo Gallardo SL vs F430 vs Scud ??

Discussion in '360/430' started by zakeen, Aug 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Im looking at getting a Gallardo for a DD. I just sold my R8, beautiful car, but did nothing for me(just felt it had no soul). So Im hope a Gallardo would do the trick. Im wondering if any of you have owned a Gallardo SL and would you compare it more to a F430 or a Scud in terms of cabin noise? I was told they are more like a F430, they do have carbon interior all over the doors and console. But carpet everywhere else. Its just not so easy for me to see one and if I should make an effort to look at them also or just stick with the LP560(which is the non race version).

2. DrDon

DrDon F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 11, 2012
    Infractionville
    Full Name:
    Armando Decredenza
    Problem I had with the SL was that the seats were fixed and not good for someone 6' 2". With a helmet, my head had to be tilted. Not sure if that was a problem just with this Gallardo SL, or all.

3. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I did a back to back rental test drive with gallardo vs 430 and then again with g spider performante vs 458. Both times the lambo felt archaic in comparison. Clunky and slow thansmission, heavy yet dull steering, understeer with harsh ride, etc. You should test them back to back also

4. av2

av2 Formula Junior

May 22, 2008
    S. California
    Are you talking about the 08' SL or the LP570-4? I driven the LP560-4 a couple of times and the car is great. The styling is beautiful, fast and easy to drive fast. Both F430 and Scud are not quite as quick as the LP560-4 (but close) later models on the streets but I do think both Ferraris have more soul than the little Lambo. I not a fan of the pre 09' Gallardos. I think the styling is too soft and the E-gear is weak and rough unless you opt for the manual.

5. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Yeah I can imagine. I also need heated seats because of our winters here. So this is already a negative for me.

Im not so worried if its better or worse then a Ferrari. I was wondering if the SL was more like an F430 then a Scud. I just did two straight 1235km drives in my Scuderia. While it was amazing drive. I was wearing headphones towards the end. I could and have used it as a DD but long trips with the cabin nose is a bit much. I was hoping the SL was more like the F430 in terms of cabin noise, that I can handle for long drives. I was told by an owner of an SL, that a Scuderia is a race car. You hear the engine a lot more and less sound proofing in the cabin where the SL is more about just adding carbon parts

Its just that the inside of a 2008 SL is super nice compared to a LP560 and prices are even cheaper while the SL is more of a "Special car".

No, not the LP570. Thats more then what I want to spend. With the Hurcan coming out now prices have dropped on the LP560-4 and thats what I was aiming to get. Was just wondering if the 2008 SL was more of a "Special car" and worth it over the LP560-4. From what I have heard and what you also clam the same. The LPs are meant to me a mile in front in terms of performance, handling and interior quality. Maybe I focus on these first.

Thanks for your help.

6. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    The Gallardo, normal and SL, is far more quiet than the F430. Do a 2wd conversion on the G and its really ACE! :) I did. I sold mine back in March. It was my daily driver. Needed a bigger DD, so got the RS6 with the ''Gallardo / R8' Engine. :)
    Still have my two Ferraris.

:D

7. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    You also think the SL is more quiet then the F430? in the cabin?

Im getting torn apart knowing which one to get. The SL is special. The LP560 is a better DD. Priced around the same.....

8. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Yeah, more quiet in the cabin than the Ferrari's. The Gallardo ''feels'' heavier and slower, but is faster........

The exhaust sound of the Ferrari is better. The post 08' Gallardos dont get a great exhaust note. The Pre-08 Gallardos have the BEST exhaust sound with some simple mods. :)

9. Toolie

Toolie Karting

Jan 15, 2013
    Houston,TX
    I tracked both SL and SCUD in Vegas. Scud had my heart racing. Noise and shifts on the SCUD were amazing. SL felt heavy compare to it and was quite in the cabin

10. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    The LP 560 is not faster than the Scuderia, AT ALL...13 seconds difference between Scuderia 7'39" and LP 560-4 7'52" on Nurburgring (430 Scuderia obviously wins), on Top gear track too, even faster than LP 570-4, at Balocco track is faster too and I can continue for a while....

11. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    I was comparing to the F430. And yes, Im sure that the Scud is quicker around a track, but at a price. Interior like a Trabant.

PS: can you even drive these cars above 80km/h in Switzerland :D

12. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    You must have some nice optional extras on your Trabant! ;)

13. djantlive

djantlive Formula 3

Jun 30, 2005
    SL is louder than f430 stock to stock. It's quieter than scud until 4k rpm

Lp560 is a much better daily driver. Egear is smoother.

14. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    I'd love to drive there!

15. kreh

kreh Karting

Feb 21, 2006
    OC
    Full Name:
    Kim Reh
    Switzerland is incredibly beautiful. Enjoy for sure.

16. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I've driven Gallardo and 430 Scuderia. Scud all the way. No comparison. The Gallardo was boring.