360 at Chicago Motor Cars | FerrariChat

360 at Chicago Motor Cars

Discussion in '360/430' started by arcticlighting, Aug 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    Hello,
    Chicago Motor Cars has a 360 coupe 6-speed 2003, didn't know if anyone on the site owned this car. Last of the vin is 30554. Any details would be helpful.

Trying to make a decision between and 85 Testarossa and a 6 speed 360 coupe only, no spyders. I know two different cars, but the look is amazing for the Testarossa, but also for the 360. Figure the maintenance will be similar and with the Tubi exhaust that will give the 360 that sound I am craving.

Had a Lotus Exige (RIP) but just didn't have the flare that I wanted. Also Ferrari is the dream of all dream cars.

Any input would be great. Or if you are selling an 02,03,04 with a 6 speed and it's a coupe let me know.

Thanks, Brian

2. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Why are you excluding 99-01 cars? Other than some very small differences (headlights, fuel gauge, gutter less side panels in the engine compartment, and no precats), with a manual they are basically the same car. The 99's are the fastest of all the normal 360's as they have the mapping that Ferrari originally wanted to use but was too aggressive for the smog laws, plus they only came with the main cats, no precats in the headers.

I would concentrate less on the year and more on the quality of the car itself.

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

3 C's

Condition
    Condition
    Condition

4. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    I had a 99, fastest modena Ive had. Very little difference between the years. Especially in Coupe and manual versions.

5. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Testarossa and 360 are SO different. The 360 can be used every day, everywhere. Cheap'ish bills, especially in manual and coupe. The Testarossa is ''hard'' to drive, ''hard'' to work on, the list goes on.

I love the Testarossa. I also want one. But not instead of my 360 / F430 spider. In addition to.
    You will have much more useable joy out of the 360. And the 360 is STUNNING!

:D

6. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I have purchased from Chicago MotorCars years ago and had a great experience, with a car as promised.

7. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Brian ask for a scan of the "records" they mention in the ad. This will give you a big leap toward talking with the prior mechanic(s) and if you can make out the owners name on there you might be able to talk with him!

8. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ppi a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. 843spider360

843spider360 Rookie

Aug 10, 2014
    I was also looking at some cars at Chicago motor cars but don't really know what to expect...a lot of negative reviews online about them but also some good...hell I dk

10. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I bought a large body Benz from them a few years ago & enjoyed the experience. Plus the owner seems to be a consummate car guy & partakes in a lot of events that involve car guys like me. So FWIW they are okay peeps.

11. LV360

LV360 Karting

May 1, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    IIRC, they tried to sell an Aventador that had been badly wrecked without disclosing the accident. It went somewhat viral and earned them a lot of bad reviews online.

12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Several on cars.com. Nero Nero Texas sales, silver red in Terryville CT with racing seats.

Nero/Nero in Knoxville 21 k miles but 85 k price.

I agree with later models- I started with 03 just because and went to 430 after I couldn't find what I wanted at that time.

I have no affiliation. Go with the best one you find. PPI. MUST.

GOOD LUCK

Scott

13. weebz69

weebz69 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Gilbert AZ
    Full Name:
    Jason W.
    I would totally go with the 360, it's such a great car you could use everyday if you wanted. I don't know but I would think the repair bills would be a lot less on a 360 plus with the 360 being newer you would have less chance of things breaking....just my two cents

14. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    (best inigo montoya voice)
    I do not think the Testarossa maintenance costs what you think it costs

15. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Unless you are doing your own work, the TR service costs will far exceed the 360.

As for Chicago Motorcars.... I bought my CS from them and the deal went fine. The only challenge was they only sent a portion of the original exhaust, instead of the whole thing. But the car is great. Thanks Parin!