Changing Auxiliary Stop Light Bulbs | FerrariChat

Changing Auxiliary Stop Light Bulbs

Discussion in '360/430' started by webber498, Aug 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. webber498

webber498 Karting

Aug 2, 2012
    Cheshire, UK
    #1 webber498, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,

I'm a new owner of an F430 which I absolutely love! Great car, I've only had it 2 weeks and I have attached a picture for anybody interested.

Can anybody advise how to change the bulbs in the auxiliary stop light (the stop light in the boot lid) please?

I've had a look and can see some small nuts which look like they need removing but I wanted to double check firsts

Thanks
    Adam
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I believe it is a sealed unit as it is on the 360. Please be aware on the 360 the F1 transmission uses the resistance of this lamp to know if the engine cover is closed.
    I replaced mine with a kit from Scud Ing Swiss | Home Page | ScudIng.com. Their LED kit is top notch. You can even get an adapter to make this third brake light flash. Also their LED brake lamp kit is second to none.

3. webber498

webber498 Karting

Aug 2, 2012
    Cheshire, UK
    Hi Netman, thanks very much for the info and the link, the led kit does look good! I will certainly look to do that upgrade for the full LED light kits in the future

I am told that you can actually open the light unit (not sure if it different on F430) and there are 2 small screws to do this. Will take a look and report back

4. webber498

webber498 Karting

Aug 2, 2012
    Cheshire, UK
    Just to confirm, it does open, there are 4 screws on the back and the unit opens into two pieces giving access to the bulbs

5. voicey

voicey Formula 3

Jul 29, 2009
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Aldous Voice
    This statement is incorrect. The TCU knows if the hatch is open or closed by reading the signal from a microswitch located in the lock mechanism.