Ferrari Pop Up NAV updates? | FerrariChat

Ferrari Pop Up NAV updates?

Discussion in '360/430' started by spourreza, Sep 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    Hi Guys, any updates on availability and pricing on the OEM/Factory Ferrari pop up NAV for 430/360? They released the brochure but my dealer doesnt know pricing or availability. He said several clients are asking.

2. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Just get a Clarion NZ503 and have a graphic artist make up and airbrush on a Ferrari logo. That's what I am doing, minus the logo part...

3. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    Thanks but no thanks. Trying to keep it real. Just a preferance. Dealer said 25 requests so far but pricing still not available

4. 993turbo

993turbo Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2006
    Puerto Banus
    Full Name:
    Remi E
    Yes, lets see how much people wanna pay for the ''Ferrari' Logo to keep it real........

5. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    The NZ503 is the same unit...

6. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Be curious to see what the premium is for the logo....

7. freaky1

freaky1 Formula Junior
    Owner

Dec 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I saw these on display at my dealer in Sydney, Australia.

Price had not been finalised but was told ballpark $4,000 for the unit plus install by Ferrari.

Or $2500-$2800 for the unit alone.

8. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    400% markup from retail, not bad for a logo!!! :D

9. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    LOL. I think my guy said 2200 plus two hours labor. Is there other features that can make compatibility better with the Ferrari factory version versus the NZ503? Can they add track features on it? Just thinking out loud...

10. captglen

captglen Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2007
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Glenn L.
    NZ503 and Ferrari version are identical except for Flashing of software with Ferrari logo at boot up, Only thing I do not like is face sits out about 1/2" and is not flush.

11. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    Agreed, but it's a great unit. I love all the features it offers and I highly recommend it. I did ad the Ferrari wallpaper to mine but it doesn't stay in the background like the stock unit....

12. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Unit has great functionality, but as mentioned it does stick out from the facia a bit on a 430 to clear the vents and on the one they showed me the LED's when it is closed are all blue rather than matching the rest of the car.

13. parthiban

parthiban Rookie

Jul 17, 2013
    #13 parthiban, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've just bought this unit myself (it's the NZ502 here in the UK, but for the most part the same unit), hopefully fitting this weekend based on my schedule. I was originally going to go for the standard Clarion version but in the end just went for the Ferrari one (in percentage terms it's a lot more, but in reality it wasn't horrendous).

Bit disappointing though that the "Genuine Ferrari" accessory still comes in the original Clarion box! In actual fact there is no indication at all that it is a Ferrari one whatsoever which I thought a bit odd.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    NZ502 is last years model... NZ503 is current model

15. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Just picked mine up, sounds incredible (though they had it adjusted with way to much high and midrange). NZ03, 800W (Phoenix?) amp, completely rewired, all new speakers.. $2500.

16. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    my guy is installing the kenwood pop up for me - any glaring reason to request the clarion?

17. parthiban

parthiban Rookie

Jul 17, 2013
    As far as I know the only real differences between the two is that the 503 has sirius and HD radio - both of which we don't have available in the UK and that's why we still only have the 502.

We have the option to add a DAB tuner here (to the 502) which is our equivalent (but unfortunately nowhere near as either of your options).

Not really, for me I liked the Clarion as it's an all in one so no need to find a place for a separate nav unit. Other than that we have a Kenwood unit in another car and it's very good.

18. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    While the NZ503 is advertised as "HD Radio Ready", it isn't. You need to buy the Clarion THD400 HD Radio module and the THD is out of stock everywhere and no longer manufactured, and from what I am told (directly from Clarion USA), won't be. It was not a game changer for me as between Sirus, streaming Pandora and iNet radio, iPod, etc. its plenty but everyone should know that.

19. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Another tidbit for current or future NZ503 (or NZ502 I believe) owners - Out of the box your new model Android may not pair, it may see the unit but the NZ503 won't see it. You must flash it with the 6/30/2014 App update, very easy to do but you need a (minimum 256MB) mini-SD card. Do NOT erase or use the 8GB SD currently in the system, your NAV data is on it.. directions are very good on the Clarion site, at the end it shows the new ver. #'s so you can compare to what you have to see if you need the update. This fixes other issues also so the update is a must IMO..

20. parthiban

parthiban Rookie

Jul 17, 2013
    I've been told the system doesn't do this, but just to check (as it doesn't make any sense to me) does the screen not auto close when you switch off?

21. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    No, it does not, I hit the close button when I park, but is there a reason you just wouldn't leave it open?

22. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    how do these flip outs work? I was hoping u cld listen to the stereo with the unit closed and then bring up the screen when you need it

23. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    You can do most normal functions with it closed, and I believe even the NAV turn-by-turn instructions come through with the screen closed once you select the destination..

24. parthiban

parthiban Rookie

Jul 17, 2013
    #24 parthiban, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks for that - will just have to get used to the same. It's just a security issue really to avoid prying eyes, I won't bother closing it when it's parked in my garage.

And yes it all works fine with the screen closed, so if you prefer that you can just leave it closed once you've made the changes you want. The second display (on the Clarion at least) shows the current radio station or track playing so you have some basic info even when the screen is closed.

Mine now installed:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Can you be specific as to what adapter you used for this install? Thanks. I am getting impatient with Ferrari and may just do my own install.