F430 in Silver (argento nurburgring metallic) | FerrariChat

F430 in Silver (argento nurburgring metallic)

Discussion in '360/430' started by THE RED MENACE, Sep 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Does anyone on here own a silver, argento nurburgring metallic, 430. I am looking at one, and I have not or will not be able to go see it in person before I would buy it, the schedule just doesn't allow. Anyway, I am just wondering how it is to live with, how easy is it to keep clean and so on. Any thoughts or insight I would greatly appreciate.

2. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
  3. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Yeah I have the pictures of the car I'm considering and it looks stunning. I am wanting to hear from people who own thus color to see what it's like to live with it. Thanks for the link. It looks in photos like it is an amazing color

4. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    #4 Fiorano57, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I can honestly say I had never been a silver fan until I bought my Scuderia sight unseen(pics only). I love the grays because I love red interiors but the silver really makes the red pop even more. A/N also shows all the beautiful lines on the 430 and really any Ferrari model its on. Another nice feature of Silver is that it looks great with a variety of interior colors.
    As far as showing dirt........Dont drive it through the mud,lol Good luck and post some pics up when it arrives.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Thats beautiful. I haven't made the deal yet, I have another dealer much closer to me prepping a red/tan low mile 07. So we will see. Everytime I see the pictures of the silver A/N I like it more and more. I should know something in a week or so and will post when it arrives whatever color it is. Thanks for the pics

6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Beautiful Scud, congrats! The black painted Scud wheels looks perfect in combination with this color.

7. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M

I have a 360 in AN. Very easy to maintain and works really well in contrast with say a dark grill.

I was at the Ferrari racing days at Silverstone today and there were a couple of AN 430's which looked stunning but then I'm biased. Apologies but I took no pics of them when I looked back. If you like it, go for it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #8 ttforcefed, Sep 13, 2014
  9. Spyder631

Spyder631 Karting

It's a wonderful color and very easy to keep looking good. One piece of advice: don't let the dealer wash your car when it's in for service. Wash and dry these cars yourself. Color notwithstanding, Ferrari paint is soft. But when these cars are kept properly detailed (as mine is), the argento looks phenomenal.

10. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

I don't think one has to have a 430 to report on what Argento Nurburgring is like to live with. I would say it is great. Silver hides dirt and imperfections, while the metallic content brings out the car's lines and curves in a good way.

See what you think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    And 458s look good in Argento, too! (This is not my car.)

[​IMG]

12. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Putting in a plug for silverstone as well....

13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #13 ttforcefed, Sep 14, 2014
  14. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who posted a picture of their cars, silver is a beautiful color. I'm sorry to say I pulled a Clarkson though, when I went to the dealer and he asked which one I liked the most I said, Si, Sil, Silv.......................I'll go with the red one. I know, but in the dream it's always red, so red it is, and next time it will be silver, maybe a 458. Thanks again, I appreciate all the pics and input. Silver is a beautiful color.

15. cjpatel

cjpatel Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    NYC
    Can't go wrong, I have an argento spider, love the color, but its being protected currently by a matte white avery vinly wrap.

16. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley

Red is the usual choice for a "first" Ferrari. Then those of us deluded into thinking you can be inconspicuous in a Ferrari almost always choose another color like silver for their next Ferrari.

17. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    This will be my second Ferrari almost a year apart. My first was a Titanium 550. I always felt something missing with it, I'm not sure but it was beautiful and all but just something. Hopefully this one will scratch all the itches.

18. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Ok so if you go non-red the first time, then a red one later does make sense.

19. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Yeah the 430 will be the second but I do miss my 550 so I will begin that search in a year or so and the 550 will probably be a silver or titanium one again

20. ok2burn

ok2burn Rookie

Apr 16, 2013
    PST
    I own a 2006 F430 Spider in same color. Very easy to keep clean.