360 Tires | FerrariChat

360 Tires

Discussion in '360/430' started by andrews1958, Sep 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andrews1958

andrews1958 Karting

Apr 29, 2013
    Maine / Namibia
    What would you recommend for tires for my 2003 Modena. Looking for a good ride over performance.

2. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I recently put Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires on my 360. Very happy with them after the first 2,500 miles.

3. chipbiii

chipbiii F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 26, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    chipb
    Love Michelins. Just wish these *&#! Bridgestones would wear out quicker so I can put the Ms on.

4. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I have the same on my 03 Spider, very happy also..

5. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Go with the Michelins - I have them and IMO they are better than the Pirellis and last longer. I don't think anyone drives at a speed such that the difference in grip would be noticeable. I once purchased a set of Yokohama 008s for my Honda Prelude Si on the advice of a friend who motocrossed his Honda. They lasted about 12k miles.
    Alan

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Michelin seems to be the most popular choice on this site for years now. I have Bridgestone RE-11s and like them alot.

7. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    best looking tread pattern,

all that really matters.

8. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron

Just had RE-11 installed on mine. Yeah, nice thread pattern! (I am just a little upset with Tire Rack because my front tires are dated 2011.)

9. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    I tried both Pirelli PZero (regular, not Corsa) and Michelin tires.

The Pirelli tires are amazing the first year / first couple of thousand Km and then they wear off rapidly...

The Michelin tires seem to get better and better with Km and when they start to wear it is more progressive and make the handling of the 360 more predictable and more fun !!!

So I choose Michelin for the 360 !!

10. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    This is why I did not buy from TR, they could not tell me date code on the set they
    would ship me. Went local instead, they price matched other than tax, so I paid
    8% more but they guaranteed tires less than 6 months old.
    They found them out of State, paid the extra shipping and I got tires less than 3 months old.

BTW, I went with S-04 Bridgestones, and am very happy with them. They may not have the
    ultimate grip of RE-11 or MPSS, but very good ride and quiet, along with 95% of the
    performance of the the other 2.

11. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I have the Michelin pilot sport a/s 3's and think they are a fine tire...have around 2500 miles on them now.

12. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    I have a set of Bridgestones RE-11 tires for F360, almost new less then 300 miles on them. I would sell them for $750 plus shipping.

13. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone able to articulate (preferably from actual experience) the differences between the Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season and the Super Sports? Done some online research but difficult to sort through manufacturer marketing and reviews from honda/toyota drivers. (No offense - I have a Honda too, but maybe not the most helpful reviews!)

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I just put new tires on my 430 spider and went with the MPSS . I also live in Florida so they worked well for me. The car had the original Pirelli s . I like the MPSS s better. Hey , if they were good enough for the F GTO ....

15. The Nutsack

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks, Kirk. My main issue is that I intend to drive in the rain and also in cold weather. I am willing to trade off a *bit* of dry-weather performance for cold/rain performance, but not too much.

16. FerRrari

FerRrari Formula 3

Jan 11, 2009
    WA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Why would you put All Seasons in a Ferrari? I love my RE-11s, they do fine in the rain. There is a significant difference between All Seasons and Summer tires in terms of grip.

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- The MPSS is the replacement for the PS2 and is an ultra performance summer tire. The MPSS has won all the comparison tests I have seen. Pretty worthless in snow or ice because the compound is designed for maximum warm weather grip. The AS3 is a high performance all season tire which also works in colder weather, but in warm weather will not generate the cornering or braking force of the MPSS. The MPSS has a 300 wear rating, while the AS3 has a 500 wear rating.

The OEM size for the 360 front wheels is not available in the MPSS, but the next size up is. This, however, may rub the fenders under some conditions unless the fenders are rolled.

So take your choice.

18. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I would recommend that if you want to drive through the winter with temperatures regularly lower than 7 celsius that you get a set of dedicated winter tyres and wheels and swap them over as and when you want them.

The car will feel just terrible on all season tyres in normal temperatures. Terrible.

19. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Greg- I would agree with that, especially since sets of the 360 wheels are very inexpensive on E-Bay. There was an owner here who bought Continental DWS (dry, wet, snow) tires and he was a very unhappy camper in the summer.

20. The Nutsack

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Terry, Greg: that makes sense but I have only heard positive comments about the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S on this board. I have yet to hear someone say that the Pilot Sport A/S negatively impacted performance in dry/summer conditions. Maybe their A/S tires are better than other brands?

21. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Mike- Entirely possible and it is likely only in pure performance measures against the MPSS that they suffer. And most of us never get to those extremes in performance. Trade that against better capabilities when temperatures drop, and it is a compromise you could make.

I just put MPSS tires on mine, so you know which way I voted, and it was 21 F here this morning. Just have to take it a little easier until the tires warm, and avoid snow and slush, which never lets the tires warm.

22. The Nutsack

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I am leaning toward the MPSS too. I don't intend to drive once salt is put down on the roads, so unlikely she will see much snow or slush. But if it's cold and dry, I definitely want to take her out and also I don't want to slip around too much in the rain.

23. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I don't have any direct experience of the PS A/S but by their very nature they will be a compromise between a good winter tyre and a good summer tyre and as such will do neither particularly well. It's really on this basis that I suggest you get the best summer tyres and, if you are going to drive through the winder, also get the best winter tyres.

To be fair, even with the best of winter tyres the car is not going to feel good on those squishy squashy tyres. It will be safer to drive in cold temperatures but not at all rewarding. Better perhaps to just let absence let the heart grow fonder and lock her away for the cold season and just venture out when the weather is great and give them a decent bit of time to warm up.

24. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Greg, I can say that the Michelin A/S do very well for an all-around tire. Very good grip both dry and wet, and they get quite sticky once you get some heat in them. I think they are a great tire, put a set on my 335i daily driver too!

25. The Nutsack

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm sold on the MPSSs, but they aren't available in my (18" OEM modulars) size. All the web sites are pointing me to the A/S tires, so I remain torn. I've read some reviews of the A/S that are very positive on this board, but others that say the A/S are noisy and poor ride quality. Maybe time to upgrade to some 19" wheels :)