Broken Front Gravel Guards | FerrariChat

Broken Front Gravel Guards

Discussion in '360/430' started by Need4Spd, Sep 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    Does anyone have a solution to the constantly breaking front gravel guards? Seems every time I take the car on track and pick up a lot of clag, the clag flies off and wipes out the relatively soft plastic slats of the front gravel guards (item 4 in the diagram). This time around both guards got their slats knocked out.

Of course it's important to replace them when they get too damaged, else a rock hit your radiators from the wheelhouse and cause expensive damage (at least replacement gravel guards are "only" around $200 each).

Because of their location in harm's way, you'd think Ferrari would make the slats out of metal or metal mesh. Has anyone modified their gravel guards to replace the plastic slats with some kind of metal mesh?

2. Fatty

Fatty Karting

Jun 5, 2010
    Australia
  3. Fatty

Fatty Karting

Jun 5, 2010
    Australia
  4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I has the same problem. I "think" the challenge cars have a metal mesh part for this? Maybe look into that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Yes challenge cars have wire mesh in front of the slates. It does a great job of protecting and reinforcing the slates. Easy to add to street car.

6. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    #7 Need4Spd, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Thanks. The wire mesh must have to be added yourself, as the parts catalog lists the same parts numbers for the Challenge cars as well as the street cars. I will have to look for some suitable mesh.