Need advice on CS or scud | FerrariChat

Need advice on CS or scud

Discussion in '360/430' started by zvdxb, Sep 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Hi. I've been recently contemplating acquiring a scud or CS but need to know from current or previous owners the following :

1/ general opinion of the car
    2/ if they can be driven daily
    3/ if they have some long term value
    4/ downside

Rgds

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    1,000,000 threads on this topic already. Have a look around.

3. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
  4. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  5. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Will check it out. Thks.

6. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I wouldn't consider either a daily driver. I think you will find the CS to be a more exclusive car with fewer produced and has already shown to be a better value. Good luck.

7. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Understood.

What are the going prices for the CS and scud ?

8. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You're not quite ready... for either. You have a little more DD to do first.
    Where did you first get the idea about these cars?
    What do you drive now?

9. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    It's not that I'm not ready yet but I'm just trying to use this forum to get a little more knowledge as I'm new to the forum. FYI I drive a 599 gto and an 89 Testarossa . I've also previously owned a 458 . Am looking for something ( mid engine 8 cyl ) that fits between the 458 and the all mighty gto so thought of the scud and CS . Hope all is clear now. :))

10. since-15

since-15 Formula 3

Nov 26, 2008
    Why would you go backwards (using the term loosely of course) from a 458 to a CS or Scud? I am made to understand that the 458 is more powerful, better handling, and a really comfortable daily driver compared to a CS or Scud. As far as value, the CS seems to hold its value quite well.

11. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    I went through this last year, bought a Scud. Really a personal preference if you ask me. Both are awesome cars.

To me, the Scud has a more modern look, higher performance, and less maintenance, and proportional in value to the CS. I just don't ever see the CS being worth more than the Scud (again, my opinion).

Gook luck with your search. Your decision is not a bad one to have to make!

12. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    They already are.

13. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    yep. could have bought a scud for a lot less than i paid for my CS (admittedly I paid top dollar for a nice car)
    ps UK CS's trading well above $300,000

14. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Had the CS recently & sold it.

Not the best build quality & as it ages, the carbon door panels will rattle & create a lot of noises, I put those furniture felt lining between contact points to solve this. They were glued with bonding gums that have harden & starting to crack by now. Otherwise, the car IS a very nice driver's car free from all the luxuries like radio-delete etc. The suspension & primitive F1 also judders around so not a great daily car & makes me want to puke after a heavy meal but once unleashed on the right roads, where there's little concern for speeding then you'll enjoy the wail of V8 & the lightness of the car which is pretty unique. Oh yes, the header also cracked but quickly welded off & you can of course upgrade it to after-market.

Looks wise, few people in the public can tell the difference of it from the regular "cheap" 360.

Scud would be a better all rounder.

360CS value has shot up crazily being probably a thousand left by now after so many keep getting written off every year.

Buy the CS for collection/value. Scud might catch up later or perhaps go for 16M since there's no spider in your F garage plus there's only 499 made.

15. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Not only does mine not have this issue but I've never heard of this issue.

I'm amazed how well my CS drives for being 10 years old. Feels like a new car. No creaks or rattles.

16. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    Same here, my CS looks and feels like a new car. And when you get the revs up - that sound!!

There is a great looking scud offered from another F chatter

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ferraris/459426-2008-430-scuderia-pristine.html

17. DM1

DM1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2006
    Southwest
    Full Name:
    DM
    Buy a CS! You can thank me in a few years.

18. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    No problems with my car either.

19. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    UK Scuds have recently risen again and are currently well in excess of CS prices.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/430-scuderia/ferrari-f430-scuderia-2008-4-000-miles/2719845

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ferrari/430-scuderia/ferrari-f430-scuderia-2dr-capristo-exhaust-ffsh/2767469

To the OP, both are great and you can't go wrong with either.

20. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
  21. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    The 458 is a great and I kinda regret having sold it ( part trade versus gto ) car but not a limited production so want to have one that wasn't maser produced hence scud or CS .

22. zvdxb

zvdxb Karting

Aug 31, 2014
    East/West
    Full Name:
    ZV
    Hmm...16M perhaps considering less than 500 made. 250k for one with less than 5000 miles ?

23. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I like both cars and had a hard time choosing as well, but I got a Scud because I could get a factory warranty which was nice for peace of mind. I have not, however, had to use the warranty because the car has had zero problems.

I also prefer the transmission in the Scud.

24. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Why not a Speciale, which is not mass produced, or even better yet is an SS (reportedly only 458 copies to be made) and the last NA V8, and definitely a compliment to that GTO.

25. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Wanna bet the Specialé production will be increased to meet demand like LaFerrari after Luca's departure?

I guess it all depends on how you define "mass produced"...