Siren Battery | FerrariChat

Siren Battery

Discussion in '360/430' started by Phil.c, Sep 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

I have random alarm problems with my f430 Spider in that the siren goes off for no apparent reason, I seem to recall this happening to my 360. I believe the cure was to change the siren battery or the whole unit which was done at Dick Lovett's Cardiff.

My question, is it possible to do this your self and where is the siren? If not, the car has to go to Swindon!

Phil

2. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    pretty easy to do it yourself, the siren is in the front luggage compartment - have a look at this thread for step by step instructions: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/111884-alarm-battery-upgrade-360-killing-red-dash-led.html

3. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

Thanks, I assume it's the same for a 430?

Mike Morrissey likes this.
  4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    My guess is as the plip is different the system is too - you may have to check one of the online parts books as there seem little previous instance mentioned here - could the random soundings be due to a low main battery ?

5. Phil.c

Phil.c Karting

As mentioned I had the same problem with my 360, Ferrari changed the unit and all was ok. At the moment the alarm is behaving itself! Main battery fully charged.