Engine cover | FerrariChat

Engine cover

Discussion in '360/430' started by Sramsay, Sep 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sramsay

Sramsay Rookie

Jul 15, 2014
    I noticed that me engine cover doesn't match up perfectly, kind of hangs over the rear Challenge grill a little. Car is a 2005 360 spider. Anyone else notice this?

2. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    I've never seen your car in person, so I couldn't say. Are you scottish by chance?

3. Sramsay

Sramsay Rookie

Jul 15, 2014
    No, meant 'my' typo I guess

4. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    #4 Sled Driver, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Sorry, couldn't resist.

If your talking about mis-match between the engine cover & fenders, that is adjustable.

See the two rubber bumpers that contact the challenge grill? They rotate to adjust the the height of the engine cover.

Give them a twist & see what happens.

If it's mis-match of the edge of the engine cover & the challenge grill. You can shim (add washers) to the challenge grill mount points to line it up.

5. Sramsay

Sramsay Rookie

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks for the info, I will take a photo next time I'm at my house where the car is ( won't be for a week) Engine cover seems to be a little longer than it should be, not flush with fenders looking at car from the side. Height of it is good though. Once again, thanks fir the advise.

6. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    +1 ... that's funny