Used headers | FerrariChat

Used headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by MolsonB, Sep 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I switched over to Capristo headers, any market for the used Ferrari ones? Only 6000 miles on them.

2. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Sent you a PM

3. eagleye49

eagleye49 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I just bought Bill's used headers, and was glad to have a set to replace my original '06 430 headers. The header design was changed twice--- two versions existed, one for model years '05 to '07, the other for 2008. Both have been superseded with kit PN 70001347 replacing those up to 2008, and kit PN 70001346 for MY 2008s. If your headers are earlier than 2009, they may just trash another person's car---2009 or later, you should have no problem selling them.

Out here on the Left Coast, aftermarket headers, such as those made by Capristo and Fabspeed don't meet CARB regulations and will not pass smog because of the deletion of the pre-cat. Tubi has been toying with the idea of relasing headers with a built-in pre-cat, but nothing yet. good luck.

4. MolsonB

MolsonB Karting

Jun 9, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Matt
    The partnumber stamped on the headers is EM-WUC 131E. I looked in the service invoice but don't see a specific part number. Replaced in 2013.

5. eagleye49

eagleye49 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Those are the same numbers as Bill's headers. I looked over those buggers with a fine-toothed comb and couldn't find any others. I'm not certain whether those numbers actually changed from 2005, or if there is anyway other than weight to distinguish new from "old" design headers. If yours were changed last year, they should certainly be the newer models.

6. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    It isn't the lack of precats in Capristos and Fabspeeds that make them illegal for smog in Ca, it is the lack of a CARB and or executive order number, although it's unlikely that either company could receive a legal EO without them. The good news is smog techs can't tell and don't fail it for the visual portion of the test. Just make sure the car is good and warmed up for the smog test and your emissions test will be fine.