What would be a fair market value for this 360? | FerrariChat

What would be a fair market value for this 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by wheelman76, Sep 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Came across this ebay listing and was curious what the minds here think a legit market price would be for this? It appears to be a euro, but do all the extras amount to the price they're asking? Is that importer/converter an above board entity? This is pretty much the exact 360 I would spec with the manual being the only thing missing....

Ferrari 360 Coupe | eBay

2. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    Nice car...

3. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Initial thoughts are I want this car... but not until my GT-R sells can I even think about it....

4. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    $10-$15k below asking is being nice and that's without any deduction for being a Euro.
    In my mind at least.

5. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    That's 10K mile 6M Spider pricing.. (ask why I think that.. :D) I would say it's $10K high also.

6. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    Sweet car.

Only worth it if you were interested in the mods, if so, it's a bargain. Can't come close to this price all in if you buy the parts to do it.

7. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Agreed.... they're looking for someone who would do these mods from the get go and sees the value. I just like it for the seats, CS rims and body panels and the engine bay carbon fiber mods...

8. toil

toil F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 23, 2014
    What about the capristo? That's a must IMO :)

9. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    How could I miss that! The ornery guy down the street would hate me even more than he hates my Comptech Exhaust NSX already. :)

10. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    All that CF in the car and yet they didnt do the seatbelt restraint holes in the seats.... At least wrap it in CF lookalike, not red paint...

11. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
    Nice car ,good look with the sell, 1 opinion,you should take of the tinted window ,that would make the car look better , newer

12. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    That and the gold rims add that aftermarket look.. (strictly IMHO)

13. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    I agree, easy fix though. Just having them done in satin black is an easy fix.

14. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I agree with other 10k too high. If you really really wanted it maybe $81k. Mods are personal and don't really add value to the car unfortunately.

15. NCromwell

NCromwell Karting

Apr 27, 2014
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Nate
    I look at car upgrades like a house. Some (granite kitchen countertops or challenge grill) do add value. But there is a limit. When it is more of a personal preference upgrade (custom crown moulding, Carbon Fiber interior, shiny gold S rims) they add less
    value on the return.

I've always been told never upgrade a house or a car past 15% of the value because that is a good level for the return. So of I were looking at the car with "all the upgrades possible" I would seek the base current value of the car (including "factory" upgrades, add 10-12% for the increase in aftermarket items and then make that a good ballpark.

After that, it's sellers and buyers motivation, how much this is the "perfect ferrari" for you, what a PPI says, what paperwork the car has, ect. ect.

Hope my two cents helps in some way.

Good luck!
    N

16. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    If that is your budget and manual is what you want, then look for a gated car. The mods on this car are nice, but you won't be happy with the F1 box. Especially coming from the GT-R dual clutch; the 360 F1 box is light years behind.

17. hangarsixco

hangarsixco Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2010
    S. California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Change that gold color wheel to the Scud gold and those wheels would look great. IMO

18. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #18 Kevin Rev'n, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Those engine panel pieces aren't symmetrical and they look wrong to me. If they are bogus then I am not putting any stock in the other parts. The mirrors do not look like the adjustable and beautiful CS mirrors that cost 10-15K, they look like the 700 dollars for a pair version that you do not want on your car. If it were a gated manual I would say it would be a great deal in the 70's but I can't tell where it might fall as it stands. I like the steering wheel and the seats a lot though!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    That's a nice looking car, but I don't get why some blow it out because of the F1.

I love those wheels, steering wheel and the carbon. In fact I love the car.

There's really nothing wrong with F1, some like it, some don't, but that can't be the sole reason not to buy it, can it?

So would it make for a good deal then if were in the 60's because it has the s**t F1?

20. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    nice color and very nice mods. i don't think his asking price is extremely far off. for 80k it's a nice deal for someone.

21. MufflerMan

MufflerMan Formula 3

Jun 12, 2005
    Sacramento Ca
    Full Name:
    Colby Sandman
    #21 MufflerMan, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I like the mirrors, of course I would prefer the real CS parts, but at $5k a piece used, can't justify the expense.

The mirrors on this car are either the same mold or extremely similar to the mirror that Ferrari uses on their GT cars, so I think it's an acceptable mod. As far as them being manual, I'm the only one hat drives my car, so set them once and forget it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login