Need help with CEL fault codes please P1135, P0152, P0154. | FerrariChat

Need help with CEL fault codes please P1135, P0152, P0154.

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Sep 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hello to everyone.

I had a CEL for about a month now and I thought it was attributed to my fuel pump failure (cracked and leaking fuel) so I just told the dealer to look the fault codes once they get done replacing my left fuel pump and all 4 roll over valves. (I will create a separate post on that later to share knowledge and info with everyone. (note: I am familiar with the gas cap tightness issue so I always ensure my gas cap is really tight)

Dealer said they cleared the CEL fault codes but it came back after the test drive so they asked me if I want them to fix it or leave it alone for now so I can enjoy driving my car before summer ends. So I took my car back from them after they replaced the left fuel pump and 4 roll over valves (right fuel pump replaced 5 months ago.)

My car is a 2003 360 Spider purchased 6 months ago with 10K miles. I now have 17,500 miles as I love to drive.

At any rate, here are the fault codes and dealer notes:

"Scanned vehicle and found the following fault codes. P1135, P0152 & P0154 for oxygen sensor / air flow sensor errors. None related to fuel system".

I checked the posted 360 ECU fault codes here but somehow I cant find P1135. 152 and 154 are indeed oxygen sensor errors.

I talked to the dealer chief mechanic Mark and he is thinking its possible air flow meters are either dirty or going bad as my car is over 10 years old. He said try and swap the MAFS and see if the fault follows. I will try this soon, for now I will enjoy driving my car while weather is nice. Engine runs perfect.

Just asking here if anyone has any experience with these fault codes or can share some troubleshooting techniques or possible source of the fault codes being thrown.

Thanks very much in advance.

Dan

2. charlesw

charlesw Rookie

Feb 25, 2007
    I've had 0152 & 0132 all related to 02 sensors. Replace those 02s left and right, cel return. I was running straight pipes on my 360. Took them off and replace cats with original. Touch wood, no cel since. hope this helps.

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing info Charles. Sincerely appreciated.

Dan

4. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hummm, now wondering if my Tubi exhaust has anything to do with those codes being thrown....

5. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Spray some MAF cleaner in the MAF unit - there will be two string wires in each MAF unit that are thermal wires. Don't buy cheap brake cleaner, use the specific $12 MAF spray can and see if that helps. MAF plays with the mixture, O2 sensors measure the back end (cause-effect)

6. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great minds think alike. I already order the MAF Spray Cleaner from Amazon. Supposed to arrive in a couple of days. Will try it soon and will report back.

Thanks!

Dan

Amazon.com: CRC 05110 Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner - 11 Wt Oz.: Automotive

7. targa81

targa81 Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    It takes the same time to change out the MAF insert as it does to swap. Cleaning didn't work for me but new MAF's did. They can be sourced quite cheaply for original Bosch parts.

8. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Refering to the O2 Sensor codes, when the aftermarket exhaust was installed were the Catalytic Converters removed or changed? Is it still the OEM one?

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I understand and its true. Its just that I thought I'd try cleaning the MAF thermistor first before I change MAF's itself.

I already did my homework too. MAF's from Ferrari run about $850.00 each. They are made by Bosch.

The same MAF's made by Bosch in eBay not in Ferrari box is around $200.00 each.
    That would be my next step if cleaning the MAF's dont work.

Dan

10. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Everything is left original exhaust for the exhaust. Removed original exhaust and replaced with Tubi.

I love Tubi exhaust. I had the Tubi in my BMW M5 and in M6 Coupe and M6 Cabrio.
    I love the sound. Not so loud, not raspy and no drone at any RPM.

Dan

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks again to everyone for chiming in. Sincerely appreciated.

Dan

12. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    and of course there is always the thought that your sensors may still good but a connection somewhere might be dirty, corroded or not making good contact. Perhaps start looking at the wiring too?

13. delaney

delaney Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    St Petersburg, FL
    Full Name:
    PETER DELANEY
    Had my Tubi for ~ 4 years and no 'traceable' CEL's. 'Traceable' means I got a CEL ~ 6 months ago and my SD2 said no error codes stored...but I could erase it.

14. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Dan, if you are messing with the MAF's do check your airfilters too and maybe remove and clean the filter covers and ducts too. Are you running K&N filters?

15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Kevin,

I removed my original Ferrari filters (filter about 2 months old) a month ago and replaced with brand new BMC filters. No oil on the BMC filters. I read issues with K & N that's why I opted not to go with K & N.

I had BMC filters on my M6 and very happy with them. I now have the BMC too on my 360 and very happy again.

I will check and clean the engine filters and ducting.

Thanks for chiming in.

Dan

16. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I still have the OEM catalytic converters.

Should I check the post cat oxygen sensors or the pre-cat ones too?

Dan

17. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    #17 whatheheck, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Want to thank Mark, Ferrari of Seattle chief mechanic and some members here for suggesting to clean MAF's first before changing any parts left and right. I thought I may have to replace my MAF's or 02 sensors for this fault code to go away.

Bought the MAF spray cleaner, removed both MAF's and both MAF's looked great, thermistor has not deteriorated and also appeared clean.

I went ahead and sprayed the entire MAF anyway with the MAF cleaner as suggested on the label.

I cleared the code using OBD Facile android app.

Drove my car for about 8 hours last weekend. Drove it for another 8 hours this week and the codes has not reappeared. Fixed!

Dan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. wang

wang Formula 3

Feb 23, 2004
    Brunei
    Full Name:
    H. Wang
    Good and easy fix... Good job..! :)

19. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    The cheapest so far.

Thanks!

Dan

20. BenchBoy

BenchBoy Karting

Mar 30, 2012
    Full Name:
    Gino
    Fchat is very informative forum and everybody will help you

21. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Good job. I've had the same issue on every car I've had w a MAF : )

22. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks! And thanks for sharing your experience also with MAF's.

Dan