Are 430 Scuderia asking prices really going up? | FerrariChat

Are 430 Scuderia asking prices really going up?

Discussion in '360/430' started by johan6504, Sep 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johan6504

johan6504 Formula 3

Jun 28, 2005
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Johan
    I think asking prices for different models has been discussed before, but I haven't read or thought about it too much.

For some reason I went into mobile.de today, which by far is the biggest car market on the net here in Europe. Out of curiosity I checked the prices of similar cars to mine and it is pretty clear that the number of 430 Scuderias are lower than before and the asking prices seems to be up by about 10-15%. Is it just temporary situation or is the situation the same in other markets as well?

2. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Here in Switzerland we have now the highest number of scuderia on sale , never seen such amount of 430 Scuderia on Swiss autoscout. Prices are not sinking but staying around 140K-150K Sfr

3. newtoscud

newtoscud Rookie

Jun 17, 2014
    Nearly bought a scud in sept 13 for £125k then bought the identical car in may 2014 for £145. There are now 2 for sale in uk at £220 and £225. They are however low miles with 5000 on the clock. Prices deffo on the rise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As I understand it, prices are on the rise in Europe and particularly in the UK. Prices have been pretty steady here in the US though.

5. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I think prices have gone up in the US as well too but the prices in the US have gone up virtually on all F cars that have some sort of specialty and for the most part on non specialty cars the prices have maintained. When I was looking for a scud 2 years ago an 09 with 4K miles and under red with black alcantera asking price was 190 was selling for about 185 to 180 almost made a deal on one. Similar cars now are asking 200 and above. Probably selling for 190 to 195. Slight increase but not nearly as much as other Ferraris. I do think the low mileage clean examples with all deal breaker options will maintain their prices or go up in value.

6. Darth_Homer

Darth_Homer Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2014
    #6 Darth_Homer, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

7. Darth_Homer

Mar 29, 2014
    220,000GBP?! Wow thats a lot! Maybe there's really few scuds in uk thats why the prices went up already...

8. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Rookie

Aug 12, 2007
    LV
    I still have all my internet alerts set up from when I started looking for Scuds 2 years ago. Prices bottomed 18 months ago in the US. Have crept higher since. Tough not to, most of the other cars I'm interested in have been on a tear.

BS

9. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    When I was looking to buy last year I noticed from the time I began looking (mid 2013) to the time I bought (Oct 2013) prices were going up slightly. Every nice Red Scud I came across was snapped up quickly, and by the time I found mine I paid more than I would have expected (but still got a fair deal IMO).

I would say the demand is there for Scuds, especially in Red, and that prices have been pretty stabile from late last year.

The ones I have seen sell for lower prices are A) higher mileage cars and/or B) unpopular colors (with red selling for a little more than average).

10. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #10 MaranelloDave, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    I purchased my scud last October. The average asking price then was about $183k. I just looked at AutoTrader and the average asking price for a scud is now around $191k. Not conclusive by any means, but one data point indicating that scud prices may be rising.

Edit: As I think about it, it seems like Ferrari prices are rising in general. Prices at auctions have been a bit nuts lately, and I'm not just talking about GTOs and the other '60s classics. For example, I recently saw that a Testarossa sold at auction for big dollars even though it was not unique or special in any way (e.g., prototype, celebrity owned, etc.). This could be having an effect across the range. Not sure why there is so much interest in Ferrari all of a sudden. Possibly an improving economy is motivating buyers to snap up examples?

11. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Looks like off-color Scuderias are about $15-20K cheaper.

12. Darth_Homer

Mar 29, 2014
    Hmm maybe its because Luca Di Montezemolo just resigned as president of Ferrari? Just a guess... btw I just saw 2 scuds in ebay now selling for $180k and $188k but with 11,000miles.

13. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Look around and you'll find Scuds in the $160 range that will be better cars than low mileage garage queens with dried seals, bearings that have not been lubricated because the car sat unused and coolant that has not circulated. Keep in mind this system uses a common pump for the oil and water - when the car is not driven those seals fail mixing oil and water. Read the posts, it isn't pretty. It amazes me how buyers will gravitate towards a 7 year old car with 2,000 miles but shun a 15,000 mile Scud because of the mileage alone.

14. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    Mine must be really good then. About to hit 45,000kms :D

What I have seen and believe is. Newer cars get flipped, older model owners usually hold their cars longer. Value for money I think the Scuderia is the best value for performance money can buy. So these owners are holding onto them and less good ones are on the market.

15. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I agree I think for the money there is nothing else out there as fast that will give you thrill and enjoyment that a Scud does!!!

16. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    good for us guys who do not want another red F car

17. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I think it's funny what qualifies as an "off color" Ferrari. That's what, anything other than red or Silverstone?

18. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #18 redcaruser, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    maybe this? ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    i'd buy it. lol.

20. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #20 Melvok, Sep 23, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    Funny ... we DO NOT READ what other members write at all ... we just want to see what WE like ...!

There are now more than 65 Scuderia's in Europe for sale (I made a DB of them), starting at KEuro 80 !!! They were NEVER so cheap ... check the sites yourself !

21. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
  23. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Indeed...anybody wanna buy my F430? lol

24. Knightrider

Knightrider Formula Junior