Lock then unlock issue | FerrariChat

Lock then unlock issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by enoyskt, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enoyskt

enoyskt Karting

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    S
    Hey guys. Seems like my 430 has gained a new strange behavior. When activating the lock door feature it follows an immediate automatic unlock. So tried lock lever in car, it clicks lock then immediately unlocks by itself. Same when trying the key fob and when trying it manually in the door key. anyone have any insight?.. Pretty annoying I can't lock the door. Any help appreciated. Also noticing the window switches illumate all night long.... Thanks

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Scott- The rods that lock her are likely out of adjustment. You or your tech will have to remove the door panel to adjust. There are other possibilities, so some diagnosis will be required to make sure of the problem.

3. enoyskt

enoyskt Karting

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    S
    Any tips on adjusting? I'm not fearful of giving it a try.

4. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    Had the same problem with my 360- tried adjusting, but eventually I had to change the door lock it self on the passenger side. Bought a second hand one from Eurospares.
    Believe it or not but my friend also got the same symptomes with his 360 also... And yes you guessed it right... I got the job;-) Here's the link on how to adjust I assume:
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430/175604-360-spider-door-locking-closing-problem.html
    PS from what I know the locks are the same for 360 and the 430. Others, please correct me if I am wrong.
    Good luck Scott

5. enoyskt

enoyskt Karting

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    S
    #5 enoyskt, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
    Haven't seen anything on these "rods".. removed the arm rest on the door to play with the bolts that tighten and loosen the cable. Made them too tight, then couldn't close the door. So put them back. Not sure how much slack to give the cable.. Any idea where this rod is?

6. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #6 vrsurgeon, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Give a whole lotta slack and see if that solves the problem. As in the cable (#4 in diagram) is loose. Then lock it and see if it solves the problem.. then tighten just the slack out of the cable. If you loosen up the cable at the interior handle (#4) and that doesn't work, then try the threaded portion of #3 cable at the lock. Loosen then tighten. Usually in my experience its too tight and the tightness prevents the lock cylinder from closing completely.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    as for the switches illuminated all the time....there could be an issue with one of the microswitches or the lock/unlock button(s) could be faulty (most likely switch#12 or #64)

8. enoyskt

enoyskt Karting

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    S
    Slack tried locking then tightened tried locking.. . Still the same. Actually my passenger side refuse to close the door when slamming the door closed?? It just keeps bouncing off the car.. Any ideas? Can't close the passenger door now...

9. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If it bounces off then its the lock mechanism. Basically the latch has closed and can't "grip" or latch onto the door post. It could be the cable from the outside door handle that is too tight. Thats the adjuster nut higher up by the lock mechanism in the door. Basically to get to this one you have to open the door and peer up there. Cable on 360's has been known to seize with rust and snap. When this happens you replace it. Check it out.. if its not this, then I'd try the lock mechanism in the door. Have you also tried putting the key in it and locking and unlocking the door with the key?

10. enoyskt

enoyskt Karting

May 25, 2014
    Cali
    Full Name:
    S
    Hey VRSurgeon,

I tried also the key in the door with the same effect. turn it to lock and it automatically unlocks. ill give it a try pulling the panel off and adjusting the higher nut. Then if not, I assume its the "white box"?

11. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If by white box you mean the lock in the door assembly in the door with all the wires going to it.. then yes. That is what I'd replace. Probably a microswitch that is out of alignment.

BTW did you check the microswitches? Does the window go down when you pull up on either handle? If yes, then the switches on either handle are good.

If the door on the other side works fine and this one just suddenly stops then I'd suspect the door lock unit in the door.

12. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
  13. slracing

slracing Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Europe
    Any progress Scott?