want to get larger brakes... which ones? | FerrariChat

want to get larger brakes... which ones?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bocaf430, Sep 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    If I wanted to change my stock steel rotor brakes to larger rotors, for street use only, which brand or brands should I look into? drilled or slotted better?

2. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
    Clifton, NJ
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    realistically, there is no purpose of larger rotors for street use besides appearance.

so are you looking for a better appearance or do you have some issue with braking performance?

3. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    Brembo makes a fantastic kit for our cars-430. It includes 2pcs rotors like the challenge cars. You will not notice a difference on the street, but their kit eliminated brake fad on the track. It was not cheap - 5k front, little less rear. The big plus is you can order black, yellow, or red calpers and replacement rotor are inexpensive Brembo parts vs the alternative. Was it worth the money????

4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I'm looking to change them out for appearance reasons, but I did notice the factory steel rotors feel a bit weak, so the better brake feel would be a bonus, but again looking to do it because stock set up looks so small...

5. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Stoptech 380mm fronts greatly improve looks and of course stopping power.
    Around $3K. Go drilled for street use, slotted for track.

If you go drilled, You can save your current front disc and use on rear when you need one there. Sell your front calipers on Ebay.

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Unless you are running 24s, I can't imagine the stock 430 brakes look even remotely small.

7. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  8. ferrame

ferrame Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Orange, Calif
    I would choose STOPTECH and slotted is way to go. Good luck.

9. Exotic Lambo

Exotic Lambo Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    #10 Exotic Lambo, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Bocaf430,
    I got a Brembo big brake kit for sale that I took off my 360 as I am converting it to carbon.
    Specs:
    Part number: 1B1.8034A2
    Floating disk: 355 mm - cross drilled (aluminium hats)
    Calipers: 4 piston (red)
    Pads
    All hardware

The kit was on the car when I purchase it, the car has 12k miles on it. The previous owner who has the car since new had some some aftermarket parts on the car including the brakes. He is a big Ferrari fan with a 50 sample Ferrari collection.

I am asking $2,000.00

PM sent.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I dont know if those fit a F430.. do they?

11. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    That 4 piston kit will not work and wouldnt suggest it as its not a true upgrade for the F430 whereas for a 360 much better than the oem setup. The 6 piston kit is transferable between both vehicles.

Brembo 6 piston 380mm kit would be the way to go.. Are running OEM Wheels?

However I can get you deal on a kit.. just actually shipped one recently up to Canada for another Fchatter.

12. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    vivid I have factory wheels at the moment, but will be changing them soon... please pm me a cost$ thanks

13. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca
    #14 Exotic Lambo, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
    With all due respect I disagree; although the OEM F360 and F430 (non Scuderia models) calipers are not the same they share the very same part number spindles/Knuckle.
    The OEM front brakes on the F360 and F430 are very similar with only the caliper being the difference as the rotors are the same diameter (330 mm).

How they would be an upgrade to the F360 and not to the F430?

14. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

Yes, they do fit and should clear factory wheels.

15. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Why would you spend the money on a 4 piston brembo kit when its almost the same size as the oem F430.. The 2 piece rotor and rotational mass would be less compared to oem..

As I stated above the 6 piston would bolt up... If it is such an upgrade for an F430 how come Brembo never released a kit for that vehicle?

16. Exotic Lambo

Aug 15, 2011
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Gianca

You just changed your statement first you claim that they would not fit now you say why would anyone make the change.

The fact is that it is an upgrade to both models as they do fit on them.

The 4 piston - 355 mm kit was release before the 6 piston - 380 mm.

17. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    I stated the 6 piston is transferable between both vehicles.. As for the 4 piston I stated what I was told from Rick @ Brembo that the 4 piston kit might not fit and not a optimal upgrade.. Still at the end of the day why would anyone run that 4 piston kit.

18. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    $2K vs $6-8K.

Ahmed- You need to get your facts straight before sounding off, even if you are a sponsor. There is no doubt the 355 kit is an upgrade for both the 360 and F430 and will fit.

19. VividRacing

VividRacing F1 Rookie

Aug 23, 2005
    Gilbert, AZ
    Of course, Im only human and I got the info from my Brembo rep.. Not afraid to say I was incorrect..

However regarding the OP he never mentioned that pricing was a concern.. If you were in his shoes would you fork out the money for a 4 piston kit or keep saving and buy the 6 piston kit..

On another thought is I wonder if the 4 piston kit is proportioned correct for the F430..

20. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ahmed- The brakes on the 360 and F430 are virtually identical.

It was not a question of what he wanted, it was a question of giving bad information when you were not sure. So next time, just look it up. The 355 mm kits with 4 piston fronts were designed for 18" wheels, but are still considerably larger than the stock 330 mm brakes front and rear on the F430 and 360 and a good upgrade for either. The 380 mm kits and 6 piston calipers were designed for 19" wheels and are definitely more desirable, but maybe not $6K more desirable. OP's choice, not ours.

You are a pro and have to get it right so people trust you.

21. chuck246cp@aol.com

Aug 12, 2010
    raleigh n c
    Full Name:
    chuck Grantham
    Just bought a 430 with Brembro brakes. Original OEM brakes came with the car and I really have no need for them.....sell on EBay? Is there a market for them? Basically, they are new, car only has 6000 miles. Chuck