Brake pad remove/replace | FerrariChat

Brake pad remove/replace

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tally Ho, Sep 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm getting ready to swap out my brake pads and wanted to know the best way to remove the pins that hold the pads in the calipers. Do these get pressed out? Do they slide out from the outside of the caliper to the inside? I did a search but the removal process was not real clear. Most of the posts were geared towards the 360 which uses a clip that the 430 does not have. Any help with video or photos would be greatly appreciated. I'm not new to brake work just the Ferrari.

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Use a punch to tap them out. Inside out. Tap inside to push out. It's easy.

R

3. SCKOMS

SCKOMS F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 21, 2011
    Lake County, IL
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Teachdocs has posted a video of this being done on his 16M. That may be helpful. Check the 360/430 DYI/Technical thread

4. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I figured it out. Thanks everyone. This was one of the easiest pad swaps I've done since the Corvette C4 days. With the exception of getting it up on jack stands, it went very simple. The diffuser and belly pan have to be removed to access the frame rails. EBC also provides the slot for the wear sensor so I did not have to tie off the the sensor.

My wheels are heading out to California this week to get chromed and then I can put it all back together and bed in the new pads. The rotors were fine so I saw no need to mess with them. The fluid was flushed in January so I should be OK there as well.