Scud alignment - ok to avoid dealer? | FerrariChat

Scud alignment - ok to avoid dealer?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ssaa77, Sep 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ssaa77

Ssaa77 Karting

Oct 1, 2013
    Alignment on my scud is off and have an appointment with dealer. Thinking this is pretty basic and I can just go to a local tire franchise (discount tire, les schwab, etc). I've heard of them fixing alignment on exotics all the time, but what do you guys think?

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Not sure if serious or being trolled.

Take it to a dealer, or do some research and find a shop that sets up cars/racecars for the track.

There are threads on here with what is involved with aligning a 360/430 if you are interested to know the details.

3. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Don't take it to Discount Tire or Big O Tires lol
    Even most Euro/performance shops can't do alignment on newer Ferraris.

4. Ssaa77

Ssaa77 Karting

Oct 1, 2013
    Hhahah. Chalk it up to me being a Newb. Figured this was pretty nuts, but local exotic dealer recommended it. I'll keep my appt. Thx guys.

5. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

I guess that means pep boys is out of the question.

6. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Take it to the dealer for everything the future owner will want to see a well documented car.

7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Not all dealerships are created equal. I had the dealership do my alignment the first time around...they f'd up big time and I was all over the place the next day.

I ultimately took mine to an actual race / challenge car indy shop and they sorted everything out. Mine is currently sitting in between the 430 challenge setting and factory scuderia setting because I still wanted a certain degree of street-ability.

8. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    This is probably the best solution. I do mine myself after having ridiculous and dangerous results dialled in by various shops with their fancy equipment. Many of them just don't have a single clue what they are doing.

9. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Concur - for track...especially on a mid-engine; take it to a real race-prep shop. Speaking of which I should make an appointment to have mine checked.

Hey freshmeat - do you have alignment/corner-balance/rake etc specs you would share?

: )

10. bigsquat

bigsquat Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Troy
    My experience has been that the dealer will get it to within spec but the good indy who does race prep will take the time and nail exactly what you want and can make some recommendations that may make your driving experience better based on your style/needs.