Door panel - lowers | FerrariChat

Door panel - lowers

Discussion in '360/430' started by johnlaviola, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnlaviola

johnlaviola Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    Orange, CT
    My 2000 360 Spider's silver metallic door lower panels have a different finish/sheen than the center console of apparently the same intended finish. The door panel finish appears more semi-gloss than the center console which is a matte finish.

I think they should be the same finish and the center console is correct. Are the doors improperly refinished? Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
    John

2. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    My 99 360 have the same finish -- slightly grainy and matte.
    Alan

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Refinished at some point in the past, maybe? My panels were scuffed up so I had them redone. They look brand new and match the center trim

4. johnlaviola

johnlaviola Rookie

Sep 30, 2013
    Orange, CT
    Thanks you saved me a lot of time investigating! The color is accurate, but I definitely think they were refinished at some point. Careless scuffing from shoes, etc. seems the likely reason.

Thanks again.

5. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The early models have a lighter, rougher silver finish whereas the later models have a slightly darker, smoother finish. When I first purchased my 360, I had to have my center console refinished as it had a gouge in it from the previous owner (who was, shall we say, a bit on the wide side) from the seatbelt rubbing against the side of the console. After doing much research, I discovered that the best Ferrari body shop in the nation is Premier (in Los Angeles). They actually possess one of the fender shield presses (from Italy) and can press your front fenders if you want correct shields. I called several body shops anyway, and Premier was the only one who knew about the color and texture differences. I sent them my center console on a Monday, by Friday it was sitting back on my doorstep, looking absolutely brand new, less than $200.