ASR light not working | FerrariChat

ASR light not working

Discussion in '360/430' started by fabo, Sep 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Hi
    When I press in my ASR switch no lights come on the dash, is this normal??

2. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    No, you should get the solid orange ASR notification in the notification window of the tachometer.

3. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    Thanks
    Any way of fixing this...
    Could it be a fuse?

4. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Check the fuse and work back from there. Also check the fuse for the ABS and braking.

Also.. check the switch itself! Just pull it out and test the contacts. It's usually just something simple!

5. FerrariDublin

FerrariDublin F1 Rookie

Jun 14, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Yeah I'd actually say start at the switch.

The more common failure would be for the ASR warning to come on all the time (indicating that the system is not working). Your system seems to be working fine and as far as we know it's only the manual disablement of the system that is causing a problem.

I'd start at the switch. You may find a previous user disconnected the wires for fear of someone being tempted to disable while driving.

6. wayne mello

wayne mello Karting

Dec 31, 2003
    Huntington Beach
    I cannot get my ASR to turn off with the switch. I checked the fuse behind the passenger seat. It's good. I pulled the switch and it has 5 contacts. I get continuity between 2 of them but nothing between the other contacts. Does anyone know how to test it????

7. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    My switch and light work AFAIK but I wonder if the system really does disable with ASR off. I have not spun the tires yet but it does seam to slip too much still. I had it fine tuned with PIS last month and it is very close with good specs. I get a weird hesitation when shifting to 2nd and 3rd below 5k rpms. Fine above that. I think VVT complicates things. Maybe also slight movement on pedal (TPS) from g forces.