Scud wont start | FerrariChat

Scud wont start

Discussion in '360/430' started by Akram, Oct 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    I have been having a problem with my wipers not working. The relays are behind the passenger seat. A friend and I switched a few matching relays around. I noticed that one of the Relays is 20 Amp Brown and the rest are all 30 Amp Purple. According to the owners manual the Brown one was in the wrong slot so I exchanged it with a purple one and put the Brown 20 Amp in its correct location according to the book and now the car will not start. I put the relays back and its still will not start. There is a crank but no fire. Ferrari is known to have messed up locations and colors and Amperages in manuals before. Can anyone send me a pic of all the Scuderia fuses and relays behind the passenger seat?

2. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Sorry to hear that. I had opened both of my fuse compartments a long time ago and all relays and fuses were in the correct location as per manual. If I were you I would turn off the master switch, wait for a few minutes, turn it back on and try to start the car. Hopefully it will start. But before you do all that make sure that all relays and fuses are in place as per manual. Good luck.

3. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I don't think the fuse layout in the manual is wrong.

You might also want to make sure all of the relays are fully seated into their slots.

4. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Check fuses to see if switching the relays ran to much amperage through one of the lines and blew a fuse. If it ran before you switched the relays, put everything back how it was and then check fuses.
    Just because the relay *clicks* doesn't mean it works. Check the relays. Instead of explaining, here is a pretty good video on how to check if your relays are working properly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWmt6gorzUg]How To Test Relays- EricTheCarGuy - YouTube[/ame]

5. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    #5 Akram, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    The info in the manual is misleading. Got it fixed now by taking every relay out and reinstalling them. Stupid car!

6. Akram

Akram Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2009
    Clive, Iowa
    Full Name:
    Ray Salloum
    Does anyone have or know where I can find the F430 or even better yet Scuderia Wiring Schematics? I'm not going to get my wipers fixed locally without it.

7. Langstonl

Langstonl Rookie

May 3, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Stephen Langston
    I have had problems with the fuse holders. The fuses and relays do not make contact with the socket. Try to wiggle them and see if there is any change.