New alloy dash vents | FerrariChat

New alloy dash vents

Discussion in '360/430' started by rizzo308, Oct 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #1 rizzo308, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I will be replacing the leather on my dash the and fitting new demister vents but i wasn't interested in using the OEM ABS plastic crap so i have machined new vents out of 6MM alloy they will bolt to the dash no way these baby's are gonna warp or go sticky, i will paint them or powder coat satin black or you could go for the plain alloy look i have had a few extra sets made up so if any one needs a set PM me. I will fix them to my dash with a pan head bolt or if you wanted the flush look you could use counter sunk bolt. I have the new unpainted vent in my dash which still has the old leather on it you can see where the leather has come away from the dash and the vent is not seated correctly.

Cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. X-TNSIV

X-TNSIV Formula Junior

May 2, 2007
    Irvine, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen
    looks great! will you be using new vents underneath to hide the yellow part of the dash?

3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #3 rizzo308, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    What u see is the old dried out shrunken leather i cant put the vent in there position u can see leather lifted from it's original position the new leather will wrap around and cover the yellow outlet completely.

4. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looks good.

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Great job. Those look great. Especially with an Allen head type screw. Not to mention you have the ability to powder coat them any color to match the interior.

6. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Very nice