Wiring a Passive Keyless Entry System | FerrariChat

Wiring a Passive Keyless Entry System

Discussion in '360/430' started by cwingert, Oct 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cwingert

cwingert Karting

Jun 8, 2011
    I have had enough of the old school alarm remote, so I want to wire a PKE to my 360 Spider.

Generally I was thinking of the following:

Hard wire the standard 360 FOB remote to the PKE system. Take the output of the PKE (eg the proxmity) and wire it to a hardwired standard Ferrari 360 FOB.

I would need to track not only when the the PKE is in range, but if the standard immobilizer automatically rearmed. I can use the alarm LED to know if the immobilizer is armed or not. I was thinking as an added bonus, I could add a fuel pump disable.

Secondly I would like to add a push button start. Generally you need a shaved off key to disable the mechanical steering wheel lock. Some systems need an indication of the car being on (eg a tach feedback).

I have looked at the wiring diagram on ferrari database, I see the harness end points and the colors. However, there is no wire color to signal lookup table. Is that available anywhere? I'd hate to have to hunt and peck here.

Some questions:
    1) Anyone know the wiring colors of the ignition key harness? I need the signal colors of "accessory", "on", "start", and "key is in the ignition".
    2) Anyone where to find the tach wire inside the car?

Thanks!
    Chris

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    A 550 owner (same alarm system, basically) has already hard wired a fob into his system and has a remote that will also open the trunk. Bypasses a lot of fob problems.

3. 'Da Wolf

'Da Wolf Formula Junior

Jun 25, 2009
    Sadly not California
    I have fitted the CS Start button to my 360 and mounted it in a custom center console so yes it is possible.

4. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Sound interesting could you post a pic of your CS S button. upgrade.

Cheers