adding a new friend to my Scud. | FerrariChat

adding a new friend to my Scud.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Forcefed, Oct 25, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Hello Everyone,

I owned my Scuderia 09 since October 2011. Back then when I purchased the car it had around 250 kms only. Now 3 years flew by and man do I ever love this beast. Had multiple other super cars but truly nothing compares. Still haven't driven a 360CS to compare but hopefully will sometime soon. Last week decided to add another sports car to my stable. Many here have discussed it, many thought they might be disappointed especially those who own a Scud. Well I decided to take the plunge and purchase a 911 GT3 without even test driving it. The reviews online are excellent and some call it the best sports car that money can buy. Will receive my GT3 on Monday or Tuesday. Once broken in so that I can push it to its limits I will then write a review between it and the Scud. I am pretty sure the Scud is more raw and violent, as per reviews the GT3 is still capable of keeping you connected. Still have the Scud (will never let it go).

2. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    991 GT3 or 997? I absolutely love the 991...

The CS is a great car but when I jumped from my Scud into a CS I felt like I got 10 years older...everything was slower, starting from gearchanges, car's reactions, throttle response....

3. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    sounds like 991. 997 would already been broken in.

4. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Great plan! I'm considering adding a 997 GT3 to my scud. The 991 sounds amazing, but I prefer to buy used, and prefer a price south of $100k. Give us pics once you get her!

5. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    991 GT3 white fully loaded with extended leather interior, carbon fiber, carbon ceramic brakes, front lift and LED lights Navi PCM.

6. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    I don't know what all the hype about the CS is anyways it sounds nice and all but I don't think it sounds better than a scud! I think people are just jumping on the bandwagon cause there has been a jump in price. Anyways congrats on the GT3 and let us know what you think.

7. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    I just got a 991 gt3 to add to the Speciale. Sold the scud for Speciale. The gt3 is awesome and very different than fcars..totally different driving experience but awesome and unique as is the Speciale. Def feels like car should be more than 40% the price of the Speciale! Relatively speaking the car is an absolute bargain! Revs forever and feels like a true race car.

8. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    How does the Scud fit into the equation comparison wise to the Speciale and the GT3

9. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Makes this car feel old and analog but not in a bad way... I actually miss it. Would have been very happy and saved a lot of money with the scud and gt3 combo. Don't get me wrong the Speciale is off the charts in every category but it was literally twice the price of what I sold my scud for.

10. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I made the same addition. I kept my SCUD, for life!!!
    My 991 GT3 arrives January, perfect for spring. Simple configuration, below 140k but with CF and light weight seats. I wanted it as close to my SCUDERIA.

Can you give some driving difference with the 2? I have not driven the GT3 prior to ordering but have owned 2 Pcars in the past.

I envy you. Some pics please!!!!

11. Darth_Homer

Darth_Homer Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2014
    Right now I have a Scud and a 997 GT2... Both cars are amazing if you ask me, but given the chance to choose I prefer the Scud! Its more raw and the feel is totally different compare with the GT2, (amazing sound too!) especially when I changed headers and exhaust! Don't get me wrong, I like the GT2 also... if you search for more HP, "tail happy" and MT car... you can't go wrong with it. Another exciting thing for me is the upcoming 991 GT3RS, thinking of replacing my GT2 for that if it turned out great.. I'm sure thats gonna be a beast too! Porsche is aiming for it to go under 7:20 at the Ring!

12. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    My mate just bought a 991 GT3 and it blew me away with how good it really is.
    They are AMAZING cars!

This model will go down as one of the greats. It has to.

13. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Will definitely write a review and post pics. Its still in the dealership, getting a new front lip, since they scratched the original one when they drove the car out of the showroom to the service center for a final PDI. It has a front lift, no clue why they didnt use it.

14. Darth_Homer

Mar 29, 2014
    Let us know! Really curious about the 991 GT3...

15. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Nothing like driving a rear engined Porsche.

Wonder why all the Porsche owners covet the mid engine Ferraris .... 'nuf said

16. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    Well fellow chatters, the day has come. Going now to take delivery of my GT3. will definitely post pics. Will have an initial review of fit and finish and normal driving style, since I cant push it hard until broken in.

17. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    #17 Forcefed, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello everyone,

Here are a few pics of the car. Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics. Will get better pics of the interior later. Was in a rush for a meeting to day.

In terms of a review. This is my first 911. I will not compare it with my other cars. Will limit it to the Scuderia, since both are track oriented cars. Will not mention handling and performance since its not broken in. I am already signed up for 2 track events, one in the end of Nov. the other in the mid of Dec. I will obviously have spirited driving periods in the open back roads, but the track comparison will come after those sessions.

First Exterior: Obviously no comparison. All 911s have what many call a timeless design, it never feels dated or old even if it gets updated a 100 times. Where as the Scud is a hit or miss. Many prefer it over the regular F430, many love it and many hate it too. I love it, it just looks menacing, shark ready to take a chunk out of you, fierce. I just love it. The GT3 with the body aerodynamic effects still holds to the 911 history. One word beautiful.

Interior: The Scuds interior is exactly what Ferrari intended the car for, minimalist approach, no carpet early 08 models didnt even have a radio. Quality wise, I would have expected a lot more from Italy given the price point of the car. But thats a different topic all together. The Porsche interior compared to the Scud is ages ahead, with all the new tech and gadgets, still doesnt look busy, yet there is enough GT3 logos around you to remind you that ur not in a regular 911, instead ur in a beast that is ready to unleash any time.

Ride quality: Nothing you could do will make the Scud a comfy creature, as a matter of fact comfort/luxury and the word Scud are total opposites. The Scud is rough, very well planted and just begs you to push it harder on every corner or turn u take. The GT3 obviously couldnt push it much yet, the ride is comfortable, seats feel like a couch compared to the Scuds, doesnt tire you when you drive. I could see myself driving it long distances without worrying about a headache or comfort issue. If you drive the Scud for more than an hr straight you need to pull over and take a break(atleast I do).

Exhaust: Everyone knows the Scud is very very loud. I love it. Stepped on it a bit in the GT3, the note is no where near as the Scuds level. Yet it does change to a higher note when the valves open, boy oh boy does it ever sound great as the revs climb.

On a side not, I did hear the transmission chatter as u add gas and the clutch starts to grab/engage. I think thats a normal inherit feature of the PDK.

Now some pics.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates
    u will see an Audi and a VW, our agent is also a dealer for these 2 makes. :)

19. Darth_Homer

Mar 29, 2014
    Nice 911! I see you didn't get the clubsport package? My dealer told me you can now request the 918 bucket seats together with the roll cage. Same feel as I had, when I drove my GT2 after the scud... the GT2 felt like a Merc! LOL! But I love both cars, they have different nice characteristics. :)

20. Bilal928S4

Bilal928S4 Karting

Jun 11, 2014
    Congratulations on your new acquisition! Looks very nice.

21. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    I cant wait for my 991 GT3 to arrive January. It would be a stable mate for my SCUD but not a replacement for it. Who would trade a SCUD these days?:>>

22. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates

Thank you everyone, I didnt want the roll cage, thats why I opted not to get the package.

Very true, The Gt3 is an addition to my Scud, not a replacement. Will never let it go.

Here are some night time shots.

23. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Nice...but rotate the pics maybe :)

24. Forcefed

Forcefed Karting

Aug 14, 2009
    United Arab Emirates

I tried to rotate and also minimize their size. no clue how to . :(