Where can I purchase new defroster vents | FerrariChat

Where can I purchase new defroster vents

Discussion in '360/430' started by nnjferrari, Oct 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nnjferrari

nnjferrari Karting

Oct 11, 2014
    north new jersey
    Full Name:
    matthew
    My defroster vents are broken apart and need new ones. I also need the ither upper 2 dash vents. Who sells those. I'm in the us, New York area.

2. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
  3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    New ricambi
    Used exotic auto recycling (Google or on eBay)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

4. rbellezza

rbellezza F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2008
    Henderson, NV
    Full Name:
    Roberto Bellezza
    To replace the defrosting vents, the entire dashboard needs to be taken out and usually the vents are breaking because the leather is shrinking. It's a big job and perhaps requires the replacement of the leather. This is if i understood right .... Ricambi has them.

5. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    That's a bummer to hear - I want to do this too. The leather on my dashboard has already been replaced, so shrinkage is not my issue...

6. Black360

Black360 Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2010
    FL
    Full Name:
    Steve

Here’s a write-up that should give you an idea of what's involved; it's posted in "360/430 DIY and Technical Threads" :

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/142586694-post27.html

I have some extra clips for the vents if you need them; Neither Ferrari nor Ricambi stock them.

7. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    #7 rizzo308, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My dash was in need of new leather, so off to the trimmers it went, while it's away getting some love i set about making a few sets of new dash vents out of alloy i finally got them back from the paint shop today and wow!! they look awesome, i just need my dash to come back to me so i can fit these baby's. These will never go sticky or warp and once bolted firmly into place it's highly unlikely my leather will be able to lift away from around the vents, one more job ticked off the long list.

Cheers
    Image Unavailable, Please Login