New Product: Carbon Fiber Coolant Bottle Cover for F430 | FerrariChat

New Product: Carbon Fiber Coolant Bottle Cover for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Carbonio, Nov 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As many of you know the Scuderia and 16M came with a carbon fiber cover over their coolant bottle. This has long since been a desirable upgrade for F430 owners until, however, they discovered the price. Not only was the cover necessary at over $1500 but the mounting tabs were on the coolant bottle necessitating a replacement at almost $1000. Add the labor to partially drain the cooling system and install the bits and this modification was near $3K rightfully scaring off most.

Previously it had been impossible to mount a cover to the stock F430 coolant bottle and we have come up with a solution that is every bit as slick as an OEM install. Included in our kit is a set of custom designed and manufactured brackets that use the factory coolant bottle mounting points. These brackets perfectly space the included carbon fiber coolant bottle cover exactly as it would have been fitted on a Scuderia/16M.

The finished install is nothing short of awesome either with the stock airboxes or paired with our high flow carbon fiber airbox lids. With the F430 engine on either the coupe or the spider on display under glass, the visual impact is striking.

Now for the details:

-Kit includes everything needed for install including photographic instructions
    -Installs in about 10 minutes requiring no special tools or any modification (100% reversible)
    -Carbon fiber is a 100% match to OEM Ferrari carbon
    -Fits all F430 coupe and spider models
    -Full product support including our Unlimited Mileage Guarantee

Price: $450

More info and online ordering available at:

Carbonio Performance - Ferrari 430 Coolant Bottle Cover

Limited time: F-chat member discounts available via PM including additional rebates when bundled with our carbon fiber airboxes. Free shipping to Continental US and we ship worldwide.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice! I've been waiting for this. PM sent.

3. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    How about one for the 360??? :)

4. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    We will first feel out the market with the F430 guys and offer a 360 variant should the market justify the tooling investment on our end. In the meantime can I interest you in upgrading your car based around our coolant bottle cover :)

5. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    HAHAHA! I'd be lying if I told you I DIDN'T check the Carbonio website this morning looking over the products for the 360, specifically the CF air boxes and the rear diffusers.... Those just might be winter projects for me - but damn, the parts are pricey!!!! ;)

6. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    I'm glad we have a fan in you. Regarding the prices these are ultra low volume items that are highly labor and capital intensive to produce. We can't just pop these out of a machine by the thousands which explains why carbon parts are nothing like plastic in terms of pricing.

That said we do use the exact same materials and processes as Ferrari does with no shortcuts taken. Unfortunately we do not produce the volumes that they do but the brand loyalty allows them to charge $1500 PER SHIFT PADDLE! (we charge $720 a pair) and over $1500 for the coolant bottle cover while we charge $450 with additional hardware. Personally I think most of that expense comes in printing those yellow boxes that their parts come in so we save the customer the yellow ink and ship ours in white boxes :)

7. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    LOOKS SWEET

8. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Getting this for sure, just PMd.

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Wow! Very nice!

I have your 360 CF paddle shifters and I am sold on your design and build quality.

Keep up the great work!

Dan

10. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    Worth repeating.

11. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Ordered! Looking forward to getting it.

12. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Yeah! Put me down for one.

13. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
  14. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    #14 fabo, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #15 Carbonio, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
    I believe that many of the people asking for a 360 option are aware of the one shown in your photo but are entirely unhappy with the fact that the only way to fix it to the coolant bottle is to use double sided tape.

We embarked on the F430 coolant bottle project with the brackets as we have them because we were told by many different people how unacceptable they thought sticking a cover to their coolant bottle was. There are a few engineering reasons why this is a bad idea but primarily we did not like it because we felt that double sided tape was not an appropriate way of fixing this part in place. Far to low rent for a Civic let alone a Ferrari.

16. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Yeah, get off the pot and help us horsepower challenged 360 owners out. I can't tell from your pictures but in the 360 version please make sure all I can see out the rear view mirror is Carbon Fiber. I don't want it to look like just a top cover when I look back. nkay?

17. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Just received mine today and installed it. Looks great! Thanks for designing this product. You guys are awesome. It is easier if you remove the air boxes. I was Able to install it without a hitch. Thanks again!

18. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Received and installed today. Love it.

I installed mine with the air boxes still on. You just need a steady hand and a magnet to help remove the washers so they don't fall off and get lost.

Only criticism I have is the top washers that secure the cover to the brackets should have been black.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    I didn't have a magnet and an extender for the socket set so i had to take the boxes off. I guess making the screws black would help blend in better. Maybe they can make some and send them to us.

20. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Problem solved.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    i have mine too and love it

22. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Thank you for the positive feedback guys. It is great to hear that some parts have already made it on the cars.

Regarding the washers we like using the included rubber backed washers because they are gentle on the finish of the carbon. These however are only available in silver finish. Given the posted feedback we are going to look into getting high temperature black nylon washers instead that are also easy on the carbon but will give the stealthier look.

23. Dohangs

Dohangs F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Spiro
    Thanks, let us know when the new washers will be available!

24. Gman555

Gman555 Rookie

Nov 2, 2013
    Norwalk, CT
    Full Name:
    Goran
    Just ordered mine, and can't wait to get it. I bought the car used, and it was very heavily carbon fiber optioned - in fact, previous owner ordered every piece of optional carbon that could be had in 2008 for a non-Scud Ferrari. That's one of the main reasons I bought this particular car (is it weird that I have a carbon fiber fetish??). I also love the Blu Scozia exterior with Crema interior look. Anyway, I have added more carbon fiber, including a coolant box cover of the stick-on variety. Don't love that concept, but I got it to work fine. Problem was (is) that the carbon weave does not match the other carbon in the engine compartment. So that will be on eBay and FChat soon . . . I will post before and after pics if anyone is interested.

25. forshage

forshage Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 3, 2014
    Altadena, Ca
    Full Name:
    Carl Forshage
    Now if you just had a sale over thanksgiving weekend