Stradale or Scuderia | FerrariChat

Stradale or Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by daviday, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    I've been looking and I can't hone in my search. I don't know what's wrong with me. I love the interior of the Scud but the CS has been on my head since I've seen one next to a 360. From the mirrors to the little accents on the front bumper to the little chrome pony when you go to feed her, it's just got that appeal.
    The interior in comparo to the scud is a bit more interesting. From the airplane seats to the manettino on the steering wheel you have on the scud - to the raw, you will kill yourself in this car interior of the Stradale.

This is going to be a car I'll end up keeping and the fact that I still have colors dancing around in my head doesn't help.

Any opinions feelings from you guys regarding the two, I'd love to hear.

2. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    the cs is more of a collector car the scud is all new,new technolgy super fast,cs feels old .drive them both and than u will know which one u will prefer.both are great cars i would go with the scud all day.

3. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You're focusing on the wrong things. You should select cars like these based on the driving experience, not how the interiors look.

4. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    also keep in mind that it's impossible to make a wrong decision.

5. teej

teej Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2009
    Pacific Palisades
    Let your heart decide. Which one will make you grin the most when you walk up to it for a drive?

6. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Exactly this. In the end of the day you will feel and see. Although i really love the Scude, CS would be my choice and not only because it's a collector car but because as blkdiablo33 mentioned, it feels old, no electronics (a least not so many!), classic Ferrari.

Best

7. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    Wish I had your dilemma....would be a tough one....lucky guy and
    enjoy the search !

8. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  9. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Stradale if its to admire, drive occasionally and you are going to keep it for a long time, like forever.

Scud if its to enjoy and drive often and simply own until the next newer model gets your attention.

As others have said though both are awesome and will make you smile :)

10. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Scud is a much more advanced and competent car in every respect, incredible power, gearbox, excellent finish, its electronic wizardry flatters average drivers. It is so competent that driving it to the limit on normal road is next to impossible (IMHO). By comparison CS is underpowered, shifts are slow, finish is sub par, traction control agrarian...

So logic will point you to the Scud (especially if you want to break those lap times)...your heart might be swayed to the CS if you like a challenge (pun indent) of a slower car that doesn't flatter the driver as much but easier to explore the limits. Also drive one in a tunnel at 8k rpm window down and you will understand why people go nuts for the CS sound..honestly it's crazy that a road car make that noise stock!!!

11. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Makes sense to me.

12. bikz

bikz Formula 3

Mar 2, 2012
    Malaysia
    u don't even need a tunnel.....each time it hits circa 7-8k rpm, it will send a shrivel down ure spine..... when the above posters say it is slower than the scud, it might be slower yes, because it is an older car and with each new progression that's marketing/evolution all bundled in together.
    however what they forgot to include in the next model, one after the other, is the thrill factor... they completely ignore it in the quest of hitting a faster 0-100 by a few milliseconds or how much quicker it can go around the Ring that it has come to a point, that they're forgetting that special "it" factor altogether .....and it is for this forgotten element, for which i think the CS has become a modern day collector's piece.....

13. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  14. 9650max

9650max Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2011
  15. Quilty

Quilty Karting

Mar 1, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I started out by looking for a CS. I had loved them since they were new and always sought to get one some day. When I was in a position to finally buy one last year, their prices were creeping into Scud prices which seemed to have bottomed out. I had never really considered a Scud, but I drove one and never looked back. I love both cars, but the Scud was the right car for me because I could get it with a factory warranty. Incidentally, I have never had to use the warranty.

I think you cannot go wrong either way. They each have a different personality. I would say that the CS has a wonderful utilitarian interior and a classic understated exterior. The Scud is more modern in its visual design. Overall, in terms of actual use, I think you cannot beat the shifts in the Scud. Once you experience that gearbox in Race, the CS gearbox seems dated at best. For some people, of course, that difference may not be very important.

Drive both and see what you like best. Almost everyone likes both but prefers one over the other for their own reasons.

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    If I had my way, I would have both, as well as a 458 Specialle. I also would not have sold the F40!

Drive both and find out which one you like best...

For me the CS is the keeper.

17. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    I have a lot mroe homework to do and have to find my way around a couple of Stradales. There definitely is something about the CS at WOT though that I don't think I've seen in the Scud. Thank you guys.

18. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    me too

19. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    +1

20. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    Or get 16m to do both!

21. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    +1 well said.

OP, drive both and decide. Like others have said, you really can't go wrong with either.

22. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I like both, happened to buy a scud, which I think is also a good bet to be a long term keeper.

23. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Buy the Scud. Then later wish you had bought the CS. Both are faster then the F40 but would you rather have a F40? By the way there are less CS's then the F40. :)

24. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    Cs all day, everyday... Every time you put your foot down, all the tiny hairs on my back stand up.. I get chilling goosebumps!! My eyes get bigger and wider as u approach redline :) it NEVER gets old!!! You don't get that same sound/feeling with the Scud IMO

25. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Buy the Scud, significantly better engine and transmission than the CS.

The F40? This marvel plays in another world. ;)
    "the F40 is a much quicker car..." (2.03)
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MCgiSCgjDw]Ferrari 430 v Ferrari F40 - By Autocar.co.uk - YouTube[/ame]