360 Modena/360 Spider: Finding the Date of Production and Engine and Assembly Numbers | FerrariChat

360 Modena/360 Spider: Finding the Date of Production and Engine and Assembly Numbers

Discussion in '360/430' started by 134282, Nov 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #1 134282, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Since this topic has been abuzz lately, I thought I'd start a thread where owners and others can easily locate certain points of interest on 360 Modenas and 360 Spiders (I will start separate threads for the F430, 458, 599, etc.).

So here's the breakdown for the pictures below...

1. The first picture shows a 360 Spider with the rear deck lid open - which is great, because that's the only way I can photograph an assembly number.

2. The second picture shows you what the assembly number looks like, and gives you an idea of where it's located. If you open the rear deck lid, and look all the way to the left, right behind the Challenge grille (or the standard rear segment if you don't have a Challenge grille), you'll see the assembly number riveted to a black metal bar.

3. The third picture shows you the location of the VIN on the steering column behind the steering wheel.

4. The fourth image shows the underside of the front bonnet, where you can find the car's color sticker.

5. The fifth image shows the warranty card. There's a sticker in the upper left corner on which is printed the year, make, model, country, VIN, and engine number. The warranty card also shows you the original owner (if you're not the original owner), as well as the original selling dealer, and even the salesman who arranged the purchase.

6. The sixth image shows the the location of the engine number on the warranty card. Unlike the F430, 430 Scuderia, 16M, 458, and 599, the 360's engine number isn't visible while the engine is still in the car. So if you really want to know the engine number of your car, ask your mechanic while the car is getting a major. The engine number should match what's printed on the warranty card.

7. The seventh image shows the data plate on the driver's side door jamb - on which is stamped the the VIN as well as the car's date of production.

8. The eighth image shows the matricola plate on the dash. Stamped into the matricola plate is the car's serial number - the serial number is the last six digits of the VIN.

9. The ninth image shows the other VIN tag on the driver's side door jamb.

I hope these are helpful. If I missed something, just let me know and I'll add it. Body numbers are separate from assembly numbers, but I've never seen one on a contemporary Ferrari - I've only ever seen them listed on build sheets and in MODIS. If someone has a picture of a body number (maybe written in chalk on the inside of a door panel?), I would love to see it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks Carbon!

Thread added to DIY section as well.

3. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    This should be a sticky.
    Alan

4. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If I can do a thread like this for each Ferrari model, then I might agree with you. Thank you, Alan!

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #5 134282, Nov 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017