F430 Berlinetta / F430 Spider / 430 Scuderia / 16M - Points of Interest (numbers) | FerrariChat

F430 Berlinetta / F430 Spider / 430 Scuderia / 16M - Points of Interest (numbers)

Discussion in '360/430' started by 134282, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    #1 134282, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This topic was brought up recently, so I thought I'd create a thread showing owners and others where certain points of interests of 430s can be found. I originally started with a 360 thread - and the 430 shares some commonalities with the 360 - but there are differences. So I hope the pictures below are helpful.

1. The first picture shows the engine bay of an F430. It highlights the assembly number and its location. The assembly number on the F430/430 Scuderia/16M is located in the exact same place as the 360 - but it's harder to see because there are wires and tubes and other stuff that kind of hide it. But it's there - to find it, stand at the rear of the 430, on the left side, with the deck lid open, and lean over and look directly down at what would be the bottom of the back of rear Challenge grille (or rear segment).

2. The second picture shows the VIN plaque on the steering column behind the steering wheel. When buying a car, it doesn't hurt to make sure that all of the VIN tags have the same VIN.

3. The third picture shows the matricola plate, affixed to the dash. Stamped into the matricola plate is your car's serial number; the serial number is the last six digits of the VIN.

4. The fourth picture shows the driver's side door jamb data plate. Open the driver's side door, and check the hinge-side jamb, and you'll find the data plate. The data plate features the VIN as well as the car's month and year date of production.

5. The fifth picture shows an approximate location of the engine number - I really need to take step-by-step pictures showing its exact location. Basically, the engine type and number are stamped into the block - next time I see a 430 with the rear deck lid open, I'll try to remember to take different shots zooming in on the engine number's exact location. It's good to note that when buying a car, check that the engine number stamped into the block matches the engine number printed on the warranty card.

6. The sixth picture shows the underside of the front bonnet, where you can find the car's color sticker.

7. The seventh picture shows the first page of the warranty card. In the upper left corner of the first page of the warranty card is a sticker on which is printed the make, model, and VIN, as well as the car's engine number. It's good to note that when buying a car, check that the engine number printed in the warranty card matches the engine number stamped into the engine block.

8. The eighth picture shows the passenger's side door jamb where you can turn engage or disengage the passenger's side airbag.

9. The ninth picture shows another VIN tag, on the driver's side door jamb; I believe the location is self-explanatory.

I hope these are helpful. If I missed something, just let me know and I'll add it. Body numbers are separate from assembly numbers, but I've never seen one on a contemporary Ferrari - I've only ever seen them listed on build sheets and in MODIS. If someone has a picture of a body number (maybe written in chalk on the inside of a door panel?) on a contemporary Ferrari, I would love to see it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    Wow, as with everything else you provide for Fchat, thanks again.

3. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Thx again Carby, you're the man!

4. Ken458

Ken458 Karting

Jul 25, 2011
    Great job. Really appreciate your work! Will forward my 09 Spider specs to you shortly.
    Thanks again. Ken

5. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
  6. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    This is nothing short of amazing. Thank you so much!

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You guys are all very flattering, thank you. I plan to make threads like these for many of the other Ferraris - it's just a matter of combing through thousands of pictures to find the various numbers, and clear shots of the angles from which they can be seen and photographed by others who are interested in these details.

Again, thank you.