430 Three pedal markup? | FerrariChat

430 Three pedal markup?

Discussion in '360/430' started by bkthomps, Nov 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    What is the general consensus for the markup on a three pedal/gated MT that one can expect over the market price?

I am doing research on cars sold and seeing between 5k and 8k markup on the final numbers (NOT the advertised prices....dealers are always fishing for the whales)

What do you guys say?

2. Ken458

Ken458 Karting

Jul 25, 2011
    Law of supply and demand. More people want 3 pedals than ever and the numbers are limited especially the 08 and 09 cars. I bought an 09 in September and paid more than the 150-160 range for an essentially new car. I have not seen any low mile cars with good options like carbon etc. for less than $160. So yes I think the price is up and will continue to go up.

3. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    While I agree with the first part, Supply & Demand, I disagree with the rest of your premis. The 3 pedal faction is very boisterous but when it comes to paying up, the 3 pedal cars still don't fly off the lot. There MAY be a small premium but it isn't huge.

4. Ken458

Ken458 Karting

Jul 25, 2011
    I don't think it is a huge premium either. But there is a premium. As to the fly off the lot part I agree with you because the dealers try to hit a home run on anything they deem in demand. I reference the $189,900 doe a manual spider at FLI. When the cars are in private hands, have low miles and are nicely optioned its another story from my own experience in my recent search. Anyway, I certainly don't see them depreciating further.

5. bobster_rulez

bobster_rulez Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    As a 3 pedal owner finding what you want takes forever I spent years to find what I wanted. Price was not the issue but getting what I wanted was what mattered. It took me 4 years to find the car with the options I wanted. If you just want red with no options and tan then you are in luck.... those show up about once every 3 months.

Start looking for carbon options and you are gonna wait. I think 3 pedal cars get at least a 10% premium if not more. The one I bought was not advertised and never marketed before I bought it. I spent years talking to every dealer in the country and following up with them because they won't take names and call you when they get what you want. so my advise is if you want something call every dealer in the country once a month to see what they have and if they have what you want then buy it. The cars are rare and forget the price buy what you love. It's only money and you only live once!

hope that helps

6. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I like the chase to find the options I like. You can take your time with this and pick up options as you go. I wouldn't let options hold me back when shopping for a gated manual car these days. The hard part is to find a car that meets your initial condition requirements. IMHO that should be limited to exterior and interior colors these days. Everything else is a bolt on, unless I am mistaken, and not a big deal...well sans shields but you will learn to love the car w/o if they are not present.

7. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm lucky I bought mine new in 2005 when they were 12K less than paddle cars.

Dave

8. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    You are lucky Dave but not just because of the lower price you paid for the 3 pedal car but because you have been enjoying the ownership experience for so many years.

9. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    I feel extremely fortunate my first Ferrari ends up being a gated F430 in the color combination I love most and I wasn't even looking for one at the time.
    I'm glad my salesman encouraged me to not only drive it but to purchase it. It's been 2 years and I'm still just in love with it.

10. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    That is very nice to hear :)

11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    5 to 10 percent premium from what ive seen over the years

12. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    I think it depends where you are, no premium in the UK but then we have the highest percentage of manuals to F1!

13. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    It's about anywhere between $15k to $20k markup and that number is increasing. Add to that other desirable options like carbon brakes, other bits, etc and that markup keeps heading north. Reason is that the rare cars are out of production and lower numbers of 3 pedal cars plus w Motezemolo out the pureness is likely not going to return as the years move forward.

14. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    I asked a dealer in southeast, they said no real tangible mark up, they sold a coupe 3 pedal 06 red/tan with 5k miles for $132k in August, so I guess it depends on who you ask

15. big_guy

big_guy F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    And what is in the self interest of the seller.

Sent from my EGP008 using Tapatalk

16. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Sounds about right ... Take 2 identical cars optioned around the same, similar mileage, colors the same etc. only difference is one is F1 the other 3 pedal. If the F1 equipped car is priced at $122-125k the 3 pedal car will generally be right around $135-138k. I have looked at this somewhat underlying and I discussed dichotomy for many many months while researching the Ferrari F430 market.