Does the 360 oversteer or understeer? | FerrariChat

Does the 360 oversteer or understeer?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Modenathebeautiful, Nov 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modenathebeautiful

Jun 17, 2007
    I've never had my car on the track. Just wondering if the 360, going at speed around a corner, will oversteer or understeer?

Ie, will the rear wheels lose traction first, or the front wheels?

thanks

2. Gated

Gated Formula 3

Dec 21, 2009
    That depends entirely on what YOU do.

Fundamentally, however, if you enter a corner too fast it will understeer as your entry speed will overwhelm the front tires grip.

If you transfer weight forward mid-corner (such as hopping out of the throttle) you may induce oversteer which, depending on your skill, you will/may be be able to catch and/or maintain with the throttle...ie a powerslide.

The 360 is a pretty balanced chassis that an experienced driver can fine tune with throttle, braking and steering inputs to widen or tighten his line through a corner.

3. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I found my 360 to be just perfectly balanced on track. Very manageable under/oversteer. And I haven't even corner balanced it yet!

4. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    The CS is very neutral. The car has great turn in and a very predictable front end.

At the end of the day it will understeer if you overcook it.... but don't lift mid corner or you will experience trailing throttle oversteer!

If you have experience with mid engined handling characteristics, you will find that the 360 will be your friend.

If you aren't sure of YOUR skills, enroll in a driver's school. It will be the best money you spend.

5. rmarchjr

rmarchjr Formula Junior

May 21, 2012
    North east, USA
    The 360 is one of the best handling cars ever made, my 360 Challenge can be "tweaked" to add either understeer or oversteer. That s with shock settings and aero adjustment. The stock 360 without GTC front aero kit will tend to have more understeer then the race cars. I highly recommend the front and rear splitters if your going to do much track. As said above if you overcook entry- understeer. Like other cars you must control weight transfer w the brake and throttle to get her moving how you want. Personally I've never been so happy w any car on race track as the 360CH, it's just awesome. Have fun!!! And everyone else in track not in a Ferrari will also thank you for the wonderful sounds