Getting my 16M today! Happy happy Joy Joy! | FerrariChat

Getting my 16M today! Happy happy Joy Joy!

Discussion in '360/430' started by cobrafiring, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cobrafiring

cobrafiring Karting

Nov 17, 2014
    As a proud owner of Porsches (currently have a 991 Turbo S), I turned to the dark side after tracking a Scud last year. What an experience and difference to my Porsche. While I love my Porsche and still marvel at the technology and performance, nothing beats the feeling of this vehicle. I set on a mission to get one, and finally pulled the trigger on an 09' Rosso 16M with ~3k miles last week. Too bad the snow is coming down today in heaves, but she'll be placed nicely into her garage space today. I am proud to be an official part of the family now!

2. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Show us some pics!!! Congrats

3. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    You have to post pics!!! Favorite car

4. Texas Turbo

Texas Turbo Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Welcome! You are amoung friends who share your passions and sentiments regarding the two brands. You picked one hell of a great "starter Ferrari"!!! Delivery pics are a must!

5. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    A quick correction: You turned to the BRIGHT side when you drove that scud. ;)

6. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Pics or it didn't happen.

I want a 16M. Sometimes I browse them.

7. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Did you buy the one from Wynn? I've always eyed the 16m as well. Send pics including interior!

I thought lambos were the dark side.

8. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    would you mind sharing with the group (or just me privately) what you ended up paying for it? I'm looking at an 09 as well but the seller is not budging from the list price

9. cobrafiring

cobrafiring Karting

Nov 17, 2014
    Thanks all! Pics to come.

Yes, I did get the one from Wynn. I flew out to Vegas to go through it in detail as they had some slightly dirty interior pics online that concerned me. In the flesh the car did not have any obvious damage and with only some very minor cosmetics including some small rock chips and a small blotch on the lower part of the steering wheel which they fixed up. I almost bought the one on Long Island as I am from NY, but the price from Wynn was much stronger as I think they had it on the lot longer vs. the gentleman in Long Island who had recently purchased the vehicle. We took it for an aggressive drive, what a feel.

I like Ferrari being the DARK side as it just feels much more anakin vs. luke :)

10. cobrafiring

cobrafiring Karting

Nov 17, 2014
    PM sent.

11. cobrafiring

cobrafiring Karting

Nov 17, 2014
    Lamos are likely more the dark side, but coming from Porsche is like the straight-edge kid taking some shots for the first time. The Lambo may be more the ecstasy of cars :)

12. The Nutsack

The Nutsack Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2014
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Can you pm me as well? I actually looked at the black 16m when I was at the wynn last weekend.

13. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    Congrats, the 16m/scud is one awesome car. Recently sold my scud and I am currently looking for a rossa scuderia 16m, a little harder to find when most of them are rossa corsa.

14. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    +1 I consider lamborghini the dark side. Ferrari represents all that is good. :) slight exaggeration there haha.

15. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Congrats!!...I have a porsche Too......Porsche is nice to Drive....Driving a Ferrari though, is a "Event"... :D :D Heck of a car !!! Sent some pics.

16. RonnieRenaldi

RonnieRenaldi F1 Rookie

Aug 16, 2004
    Congrats...def need pics :)

17. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Awesome man congrats... And as the above said we need pics!!!

18. Afonsolaw

Afonsolaw Formula 3

Sep 11, 2011
    New jersey
    Are you located in the NY/NJ area?

19. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    Would you kindly PM me the final negotiated price on your new 16M. I have just started to explore purchasing one as well and am interested in the price. I've noticed an upward trend in the sales price and I've heard from many people in the Ferrari community that it will be a car that will continue to trend higher in the resale/collector world.

Thank you in advance and congrats on your new 16M!

20. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Welcome - from the cold wet UK.

Enjoy! and dream of warmer times.

21. bzabodyn

bzabodyn Rookie

Nov 3, 2014
    I saw this car at Wynn last time I was in Vegas. Absolutely beautiful and I'm extremely jealous! Huge congrats on what in my mind is the perfect Ferrari roadcar.

BZ

22. F.Watson

F.Watson Rookie

Sep 16, 2014
    I do NOT want to know how much you paid, but I would like to see some pictures of the car please.

23. cobrafiring

cobrafiring Karting

Nov 17, 2014
    Sorry all for the delay! I believe I responded to everyone's PM. Please re-PM me if you did not get a response.

Re: The gentleman asking about my location. I am in the NY area, upstate.

Pics coming soon. I only had time to get her in the garage, marvel, and leave for the Thanksgiving travel plans. Will definitely post pics. The personality of this car is so raw.

24. cobrafiring

cobrafiring Karting

Nov 17, 2014
    #24 cobrafiring, Nov 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Lovely car - many congrats.