How to take off rear Ferrari Emblem | FerrariChat

How to take off rear Ferrari Emblem

Discussion in '360/430' started by ncjetskier, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would love to buff the area where the Ferrari emblem is on the back of the car (on the hood going over the engine). When I looked at how it is held in place, it has two metal posts and a circle clip (?) that slides on each post. Can anybody tell me how to remove the circle clips without screwing anything else up? Thanks.

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Personally I have had luck with interior prying tools and working them slowly. They are common fasteners so you can buy some in advance in case you mangle the stock ones beyond use. Good luck!

3. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Did you pry the emblem off from the top of the hood or did you pry the retaining clips from underneath the hood? Thanks for the help.

4. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Underside. Work the clips off. You can put tape down too if you are concerned about marking the underside of the hood. No problem!

PS if you have replacements, you can just snip off the current ones w some tin snips and replace them.