How much mileage do you put on your car each year? | FerrariChat

How much mileage do you put on your car each year?

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, Dec 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How much mileage do you put on your car each year?

1. Less than 5,000 miles a year

2. 5K - 10K miles a year

3. 10K - 20K miles a year.

4. Over 20,000 miles a year.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thought I'd start a thread to see how much mileage you put on your car each year.

Thanks for participating.

Dan

2. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    20-30k a year for me. I've put nearly 6k miles on mine in 3-ish months.

3. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I think it would be interesting to see:
    <1000
    1-2000
    2-4000
    4-7000
    7-10,000
    10-15
    >15

4. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Spread over several cars I'd say around 2-3k miles for the exotics each and majority on the daily driver like 5-10k maybe.

5. pilaki

pilaki Karting

Jul 12, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Angus
    Less than 2k for me

6. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    Thanks for setting this up! Will be interesting to see!

7. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    I picked the lowest Poll option you provided but its more like just under 2,000 miles (3,000 km) per year.

But one of the reason is same as others have mentioned which is having more then one Summer only vehicle and having more then one daily driver vehicles.

8. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    5k per year

9. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    About 4k fun miles/year

10. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    I live in Oregon in the PNW, USA. I still am able to drive my 08 F430 spider about 1,500 miles a month min. on average. Summer months I DD drive her or at least 3-4 days a week. I am not afraid of the rain and driven many times in it. I do not go for a drive when it is raining, snowing or ice as I have plenty of other cars better soothed for such conditions.

Like Mr. Roy Cats says if you want to look a Ferrari buy a Poster. I prefer to drive mine :)

11. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh it hurts to see so few driving their cars.

I just cannot understand why so many don't drive their cars more? The cars will not go up in value and you may get an extra $15K due to super low mileage - but is it worth it? I bought my car to drive (about 7K per year) and enjoy. When it comes to selling it, I will just take my lumps, lick my wounds and let it go for whatever the fair market value is at that time.

12. jehu999

jehu999 Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2011
    Coastal Central Fl
    Full Name:
    James
    As far as not driving the Fcar more often, it's really a matter of not having the time and it is not about worrying over depreciation.

I don't know what you guys that DD your cars (360 or 430) do for a living but I have to travel among different locations throughout the day and don't really have the time to properly warm up the engine and tranny, look for parking, etc. There is also the envy factor that I think about in certain work places.

Besides I like to enjoy the car when traffic and police are at a minimum, weekends and evenings.

As far as driving in the rain, I use the same philosophy as when I had a Ducati, I don't leave the house if it's raining but if I get caught in the rain, oh well. I can't really explore the car and roads when its wet and can't have the windows open!

13. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Good summary and matches my view and I also have a Ducati Monster :)

14. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Also, it depends what kind of car do you drive and your geographical location. It would be more interesting to break it down into car categories. I assume that this pole reflects only 360s and 430s.

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Given that the average (in the US) seems to be sub 3k per year, the buckets in the survey will not yield much info. Another poster above made a suggestion for better buckets. I'd start over/change it if you really want to know...

I'd specify "which" cars you want data on...I know it should be obvious, but I bet dollars to doughnuts folks without 360/430 click on the survey.

16. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks everyone for chiming in. Some notes:

My poll states 360/430 so if others voted that dont own a 360 or 430 then I really cant do anything about that.

I did the mileage spread that way because I want to see how many members here really drive their car to the max, drive it every chance they get as its their favorite car. And how many dont drive it enough for whatever reason it may be. I have 3 cars and my 360 is my favorite one to drive.

I drive my 360 every chance I get so I myself put on about 12K miles a year.

If I spread the range at every 1,000 miles then in my opinion that wont determine much as that simply states some members dont drive their 360/430 enough.

I am impressed with the members that drive theirs at >20K a year. More fun and more power to you!

Similar to Chris / ncjetskier I dont worry about mileage. I want to drive my car every chance I get and not worry about raking up miles. I will enjoy mine to the max and when its time to sell I will get whatever I can get for it.

Dan

17. OUMick

OUMick Formula 3

Apr 26, 2014
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Over 5k in my 1st 7 months.

18. star4747

star4747 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2010
    Midwest - USA
    Full Name:
    Rick

+1

19. Roadking80134

Roadking80134 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2013
    Spring, TX
    Full Name:
    Rick S
  20. fordgt2006

fordgt2006 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    300-500 miles a year.

21. Jonkheer

Jonkheer Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Christiaan
    With my 360 made 10.000km in 6 months.
    With my F430 made 15.000km in 12 months.

These cars are ment to be driven and enjoyed and I enjoy them very much :D

22. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Exactly. I've kept buying and selling (personal cars) every couple of months looking for a car with the qualities/experience that the 360 offers. Needless to say, I'm overjoyed to have my dream car (was starting to think it didn't exist) and that I'm completely and totally addicted. I can't not drive it. And that the throwout bearing/slave cylinder combo just broke is so very hard. Kills me seeing it stranded on the lift. But, it will be good as new shortly. And, to be honest, the belt service was past due by about 500 miles, so I'm taking the opportunity to get that done as well. Now, I need to hurry up and order all my parts from Ricambi on Monday so I can get back to driving!!

23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

This year I will do approximately 4-5 k . I'm in Fl. So I'm able to use the car year round.

24. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for chiming in.

Have fun driving!

Dan

25. OldSlowpoke

OldSlowpoke Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2012
    Longmont, CO
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I don't drive every day at all. I'm retired, I have horses, and many days in the summer I just spend all day taking care of the horses and the property, and riding. When I do drive, it's often hauling a horse to a riding lesson (twice a week). For that I use my F250 diesel truck to pull the horse trailer. In winter I board them so I can ride indoors, but I wouldn't drive the Ferrari on the dirt road to the boarding facility. I drive my old Audi Allroad station wagon.

Also, I hate driving in heavy traffic, so when I go down to Denver I usually take the Audi; when my wife and I both go, we usually take her BMW sedan.

In addition to the 360, I have a Porsche Cayman S. I don't drive either one of them when the roads are covered with snow or ice, and I try not to drive them in the rain; it takes too much work to keep them cleaned up.

So I mainly drive the sports cars when it would be fun. Nevertheless, they both get about 2500 miles a year. Sometimes I just take them out to warm them up, on some nice back roads where I can enjoy the way they handle. Sometimes we go on FCA or PCA tours, and occasionally we take trips in them. But for long trips, we fly, and usually not commercially.