FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | Ferrari 360 & 430 Sport Headers | FerrariChat

FABSPEED MOTORSPORT | Ferrari 360 & 430 Sport Headers

Discussion in '360/430' started by Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #1 Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    FABSPEED MOTORSPORT USA was the first company to CAD design, dyno develop, street and race track test high performance headers for the Ferrari 355, 360, 430, and 458 cars.

We started with headers for the F355 – the headers on the F355 were known to be the “Achilles Heel” of the car. Our 4-1 header design consistently out performs the OEM and all other aftermarket producers’ 4-2-1 design. We know this because we built multiple 4-2-1 designs and our 4-1 design made more power and torque across the entire RPM range time and time again.

To further prove the point that our design is the best available - many other exhaust manufactures approached us with the proposal to use their brand name on our products, specifically our Ferrari headers. Unfortunately, this also opened Fabspeed up to being copied by certain manufactures.

We only use the BEST material and craftsmanship to construct our systems. We have always been on the cutting edge with the most up to date machinery and equipment and will continue to do so in order to maintain our place as the top producer of high performance aftermarket Ferrari parts.

Fabspeed Motorsport is a pioneer and the industry leader in aftermarket performance Ferrari upgrades. Our headers are proven to produce horsepower gains along and weight savings compared to the OE system. Besides the performance gains, it further enhances the vehicles F1 sound.

We achieved these significant gains utilizing our F1-style High-velocity 4-into-1 merge collectors which pull the exhaust gases from our 1 piece CNC mandrel bent primary runners. The exiting gases flow freely without the disruption of the factory pre-cat.

Along with the non-restricted design, our systems are manufactured from highest quality T304L Stainless Steel which allow for our industry leading limited lifetime warranty.
    Our Headers are a direct OEM replacement, making them a phenomenal substitute for failure prone and expensive OEM units, while still allowing for straight forward Bolt-On DIY installation.

For maximum performance, sound, and weight savings - FABSPEED is the only option.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    made in the usa?

3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    beautiful workmanship.

4. netman

netman Formula 3

Jun 17, 2008
    OC SoCal
    I have the 360 headers and am very happy with them.

5. bzabodyn

bzabodyn Rookie

Nov 3, 2014
    ...crickets...

BZ

6. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    I'm intrigued by this, is this a reference to Agency Power F430 headers being EXACTLY the same as yours? Are they illegal non authorised copies or simply from the same shared manufacturer in Taiwan?

7. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #7 Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Fabspeed Motorsport has and always will design and build our products in house – currently in Fort Washington, PA – USA. In order to bring the best possible product line to our customers, we do source certain components and assemblies from the best suppliers across the globe.

If there was ever a question of what we actually do here at Fabspeed, please feel free to check out some videos of our facilities:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brd2nts2g3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t4zn97WFDg&list=UUH0sG0WngXZSPY8XzWIERUg

Don’t fear, I am here! Sorry, we were all away for the weekend. I would have been happy to make these responses if I had seen them before leaving for the weekend.

Fabspeed Motorsport was the first in the market to design, produce, and release aftermarket performance headers for the F430. What you deduct from that is your own prerogative, I am simply stating that we were the first – and we strive to innovate and continue to provide the best after market performance enhancing products to our customers.

Thank you!

Thank you - happy to hear you are enjoying them!

8. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    They look superb!

9. daveyator

daveyator Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2014
    Yucaipa, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave B
    Well the only option outside of California if you want to be smog legal. I do understand you can do the headers with no CEL light and stay smog legal in CA right? I'm sure its be asked before but why can't you get your systems approve by CARB? My Porsche 911 with your 200 cell sport CATS would pass the sniff test but weren't CARB approved. Whats it take to get CARB approval?

10. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    this may be an obvious question, but does replacing the pre-cats with test pipes void the emissions warranty on the rest of the OEM system?

11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S

Yes, I have customers in CA who have passed SMOG with our 430 and 360 headers. We have previously looked into getting CARB approval but it is a very difficult process, and a feat that very few aftermarket manufactures have been able to successfully do.

Replacing your OE pre-cat headers with our headers should keep your emissions warranty intact - I would consult your local ferrari dealer for further details to be sure. Replacing your catalytic converters with test pipes would most certainly void the emissions warranty because you would be deleting your catalytic converters all together.

12. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    Fabspeed Motorsport looked into CARB certification and also into TUV certification a long time ago. The costs to get CARB certification and TUV certification are extremely expensive, take a long time and the benefits are not worth it nor recoupable in a niche market. The majority of European exotic exhaust companies don't offer certification.

Virtually any and all aftermarket exhaust manufacturers have exclusions that state "Exhaust systems for off road use and racing purposes". In addition, the user and or owner must check with their respective state or country for correct and legal usage.

On USA North American Ferrari 360 and 430 cars my F1 equal length headers eliminate the OEM Ferrari pre-catalytic converter (Achilles heel on these cars) and the cars pick up amazing sports car sound and solid power throughout the RPM range.

Ferrari on their special 360 Challenge Stradale and 430 Scuderia/16M cars actually deleted the header precatalytic converters and that is why these rare special models typically offer a 25 to +30HP bump in power versus the regular models. Ferrari always leaves something on the table.

FYI- each and every USA North American 360 and 430 has 6 catalytic converters on the car from the factory.

Happy Holidays.

13. cavlino

cavlino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2002
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Carm Scaffidi
    Good summary, I was especially curious about the Challenge Stradale and the Scuderia.
    Thank you.

14. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I don't think that is the case for the US spec 360 Challenge Stradale - it appears to share headers with the US 360 Modena and Spider...

You may be confusing the factory built race cars 360 Challenge race cars. These are European based versions, even for the US, since they aren't road legal anyway.

15. kommons

kommons Karting

Sep 30, 2013
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    "Ferrari on their special 360 Challenge Stradale and 430 Scuderia/16M cars actually deleted the header precatalytic converters and that is why these rare special models typically offer a 25 to +30HP bump in power versus the regular models. Ferrari always leaves something on the table"

Part diagrams prove otherwise for the stradale at least, since it uses precats in the headers for the US version. I've seen the recyclers pull catted headers from their parts cars as well.

16. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I have these on my F430 along with the sport x pipe exhaust system and I'm very happy with the results.

17. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The '99 360 Modena is without precats from the factory. The difference is under 20hp. Subsequent MY's had precats to meet CA emissions. I consider the '99 "special", and will almost certainly have one as an extra car at some point, fiorano over cuoio.

I did a full KN/exhaust/tune on my 2002 360 spider, and while the HP gains were very noticeable, the cost in driveability wasn't worth it. The drone was awful. Had to keep ear plugs on hand at all times, and that was with sport cats and hi flow muffler, only deleted the precats. These cars are pretty perfect from the factory. What's left on the table is typically left there for a reason. Every action begets and equal and opposite reaction.

18. Malachiman

Malachiman Karting

Apr 4, 2014
    Japan / USA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I purchased the whole package and should be at my door on Christmas. Very anxious to get this system on the car and see what it does. Now I just gotta get my ECU's mailed out to you. ;)

19. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    In stock, ready to ship, any questions?

20. hilkoc

hilkoc Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
    No, will install mine next saturday :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

21. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    With the precats deleted, will these headers give check engine lights or not ?

22. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Excellent, and thank you! We'd love to see some pictures of the installation.

Our headers will not throw a CEL with the factory cats in place after of the header. With our Sport Cats, there is a chance, yes. With a test pipe, it's very likely. We do offer o2 spacers to minimize the chances of a CEL as well.

23. hilkoc

hilkoc Rookie

Apr 20, 2015
  24. sunline

sunline Karting

Dec 23, 2004
    Ashburn Virginia
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You will need to have your ECU re-programmed or else you will get the CEL, even with sport cats. This has been discussed numerous times over the years. I know from personal experience. The upside is that you pick up decent amount of HP and torgue with the ECU tune. Check out the Fabspeed 360 Dyno sheets with the full system installed, I believe 25-30 HP bump.

25. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Guys, I'm a supporter of your products... but this isn't right! Here is one more data point. On my 03 360, I had a cel related to your sport cats, with no other changes. I've resolved the issue, but just where the O2 sensors are, I think it's more likely to get a cel with the headers, than it is replacing the cats with sport cats...