Battery Replacement Northern NJ | FerrariChat

Battery Replacement Northern NJ

Discussion in '360/430' started by Jeffs360spider, Dec 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeffs360spider

Jun 25, 2014
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jeff S
    I am a new 360 owner... purchased over the summer. I recently purchased a new Odyssey battery. I would like to bring the battery and CTEK eyelets to a local installer to have it installed. Does anyone recommend a shop in Morris County NJ or close by? Are there things to be concerned about when replacing a battery?

2. acmw

acmw Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    Nj
    Full Name:
    Alex
    do it your self , not hard at all should take 10 min max. literally.

3. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Gotta pull the carpet back and put the eyelets on there, it's not a hard job but you have to sorta reach in there through the passenger floorboard.

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Make sure you have the radio code (if stock) and wait a little while for relearn when turning on (threads here or in the owners handbook)

5. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Disconnect ground first to avoid sparks. Not a hard job. If you've got the money then let someone else do it.
    Alan

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Broadway pert in Passaic if close to you

7. shmluisfc

shmluisfc Karting

May 31, 2012
    I just bumped into this. :) I am the owner of Broadway Performance. Thanks for the recommendation Shark.

To the OP, congrats on your 360! I will install your battery and Ctek eyelids free of charge. :) I can also read your clutch life/plug in your diag port and do a minor check up free of charge of you'd like. PM me anytime.

8. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    ^^^ now that's a great way to start with a service provider...Broadway putting best foot forward in good faith.

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Jeff, come over my house one weekend and I will help you. Seriously.

Dan

10. Jeffs360spider

Jun 25, 2014
    Northern New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Jeff S
    Wow... I am so impressed by the offers. I wish I had seen them yesterday. I just had the work done at Powertech in Rockaway NJ today. I bought the Odyssey 34R-PC1500T battery that was listed as the proper battery for the 360 but it did not fit in the OEM bracket. I have seen a number of people list this battery as the correct battery and it is also the batter listed on the Odyssey website but this battery was too tall. Powertech had to fabricate a bracket to make the fit work. Its all done now and everything fit fine but I didn't expect there to be this type of problem. On a separate note, I am having an issue with the trip odometer / odometer. The display will only show the trip odometer and the button will not switch to the actual odometer. This problem occurred the other day when my battery was almost dead and barely started the car. Even with a new battery, the toggle between the two will not work. I have read about this problem previously but I do not know if anyone has a solution. Please help. Dan, I see that you live in Seattle... I think that's a bit far from NJ but I do appreciate the offer of getting to know other Ferrari owners. Shmluisfc... where are you located?

11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    #11 whatheheck, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Jeff,

Yes, I didnt realize you are in east coast so yes its quite a drive LOL!
    If you are nearby come on over and I will help you.

Interesting that they claim your 360 battery bracket wont fit the optima 34R as mine fits perfect and I too have a 360. Photo below.

Oh well its all done and looks like you are happy so that is all that matters.

Take care and drive safely!

Dan

Image Unavailable, Please Login