Speakers between the seats | FerrariChat

Speakers between the seats

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tally Ho, Dec 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    How difficult is it to remove the speaker enclosure between the seats? The bottom speaker has gone flat and I'd like to replace both speakers. Thanks.

2. f430R

f430R Karting

Jun 15, 2013
    West Midlands, UK
    I personally had issues with my speakers, i used a small flat screwdriver and carefully pried between the grill and the leather. The 4 clips are in each corner of the speaker grill. once this grill has been pulled off you will expose the speakers. which have 4 screws in each. in my case my top 'speaker' which i believe to be just a bass curtain, as it does not seem to have a voice coil but just move with the airflow caused from the lower sub woofer. the glue had failed and it was rattling, I used a large amount of clear silicon to seal the flat cone back to the speaker.

Hope i was some help

(Becker System) If i can find some images ill will provide

3. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Big help, thanks.

4. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    In the stock sub I thought the bottom 'speaker' was really a passive radiator (not driven). But yes, you remove the speaker and unbolt form the firewall from inside the box.

5. dickgeorge

dickgeorge Rookie

Aug 8, 2010
    Texas USA
    Full Name:
    Dick George
    go to Official Speaker Repair Site - Orange County Speaker - Home of GLS Audio. That is orange country speakers and they make a complete kit to repair the speakers in the subwoofer. It is specifically for Ferrari subwoofer. It has glue, brush, the soft surround for the cone. I did it in my 360. Once you get the speakers out, it takes about 15 minutes for each speaker. comes with complete instruction. It's about $20 if I remember correctly. You order quantity of one, and it comes with enough to do both

6. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #6 Tally Ho, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    The top one is the passive radiator. I pulled both the speaker and the passive radiator out last night and found both of them have torn cone edges. Still searching for replacements. I found them on Ricambi's site but looking for better quality than the factory pieces. The foam looks like it has "dry rotted" for lack of better terms. Worst case, I'll get a speaker repair kit and fix them myself.

7. MPtolomey

MPtolomey Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2014
    Odessa, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark Ptolomey
    #7 MPtolomey, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    I installed the JL subs. Perfect fit and as the stock has a dual voice coil you can actually drive 2 single voice coil subs. The stock sub sucks and is built like a $5 speaker! Do yourself a favor and upgrade.

8. Tally Ho

Tally Ho Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2007
    Niceville, FL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Do you have a link to your source? Thanks