Electrical Fault Tail Light Need Help | FerrariChat

Electrical Fault Tail Light Need Help

Discussion in '360/430' started by jonwatson, Jan 21, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonwatson

jonwatson Rookie

Nov 15, 2014
    WA
    I recently installed a challenge grille for my 360 Spider. Connectors were removed from tail lights and were re-fitted after grille was installed. All functioning correctly, indicators, reverse etc.. all working as they should.
    Problem is now when ever I put my foot on the brake pedal the indicator light on my dash buzzes and makes a chirping sound, occasionally hazard warning light appears briefly on dash and indicator tick sound comes on and off intermittently and at times ticks from under passenger side dash area

Anyone now what's going on here Have checked all plugs which is all that was touched electrically in the installation

2. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Which indicator light -- the one for turn signal? How is your battery -- Ferraris are known to be touchy about voltage. Try turning off and the battery (switch in luggage compartment) then on again after about five minutes and putting the car on a tender overnight and try again.
    Alan

3. centerpunch

centerpunch Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2008
    OH / NC
    This sounds like a bad ground connection with one of the brake lights.

4. jonwatson

jonwatson Rookie

Nov 15, 2014
    WA
    Thanks guys

Will try both I have a feeling an earth may have been dislodged but will try the battery wheel of fortune first

5. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Unless you didn't fully insert the electrical plugs for the lights (unlikely as there is an audible click) I doubt it's a ground so try the battery thing first.
    Alan