Fire Extinguisher | FerrariChat

Fire Extinguisher

Discussion in '360/430' started by FerrariFL, Jan 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Where is the best place to source a backet and extinguisher OEM for 360 CS? Ricambi says they don't sell any longer. Dealers are pricey and no guidance on timing. Thanks.

2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  3. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Thanks but looking for OEM parts.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Check with Eurospares ($300 for extinguisher alone) or Maranello Classic Parts.

5. FerrariFL

FerrariFL Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Thank you. I will try. Both in the UK? Any domestic vendor suggestions?

6. unkiemotorhead

Nov 14, 2013
    I replaced my F430 OEM powder unit with a Halon unit of approximately the same diameter. Fits the footwell mounting with a little extra spacing (Halon unit is 4.3" dia, while the factory unit is 4.5" dia). EMTs and auto hardware wizards along with published info and my experience in industrial plants all sent me to Halon. I can reinstall the original extinguisher if some future buyer cares about OEM, but my bias was towards what would work the best. You'll do your own research into the pros and cons of both types. Amerex #B355T Halon 1211 Fire Extinguisher - 5lb. Amazon.

An EMT friend wrote this story: "2.5 pound would put out a forest fire. I put out a 2.5 ton utility cab truck fire. Truck was like electric utilities use for line repair in the woods. 4x4, size of 6 pasta rockets. Fuel line was off and some fool tried to start it with well over a gallon of gas in and on the engine, cab, floor when it went off. Flames WELL over my head, out both sides, him in the cab. I hit the thing with a 5 pound Halon extinguisher and it was OUT. It was out faster than the time it took you to read this. Puuuuuuuuuuuuuufff and it was OUT! (3 seconds?? Maybe?? no exaggeration at all)"

unkiemotorhead

7. English Rebel

English Rebel Formula 3

Aug 13, 2013
    Piedmont Area of NC
    Full Name:
    Alan