What is the last year for Gated6 in a f430 | FerrariChat

What is the last year for Gated6 in a f430

Discussion in '360/430' started by M360Dom, Jan 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. M360Dom

M360Dom Karting

Jul 21, 2009
    New York
    I have an 06 430 gated coupe and thought it was the last year for the man trans, was told it was offered all through production of the 430. Is that true ? thanks

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Yup. Still being produced during Scud production.

3. M360Dom

M360Dom Karting

Jul 21, 2009
    New York
  4. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    IIRC, someone posted an '09 here some time ago. Might have been the last one.

I do know that as time went along, they made fewer and fewer of them. I know one local guy that finally threw in the towel and accepted a paddle car towards the end. Contrary to popular belief, paddles were not an option, it was a different model all together. FNA would allocate sticks and paddles separately. For instance, when I put a deposit down in 2002 for a 430 coupe with a stick, I was about 20th on the list for a coupe, but 1st for a stick. I ended up with roughly the 6th coupe they received overall. Another guy signed up a month or so after me yet waited another full year for the next 3 peddle coupe. Most appear to be '05s and 06s and then petered out after that. I do know the local dealer delivered an '07 coupe.

Dave

5. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    I heard they made more Spiders in 3 pedal than Berlinettas? I'd love to find the official build numbers total for 3 pedal cars in both spider and berlinetta for entire F430 production run. I've heard 10% of the total production were 3 pedal (but when I do periodic checks on cars.com or autotrader I come up to a MUCH lower ratio more like 2 or 3 actual 6 speed manual cars out of all that are listed and these don't count the dealers who miss-advertise F1 equipped cars' for "manual or 6 speed" which happened A LOT!), also heard 5% or lower with 2/3 being spiders and 1/3 berlinettas. I don't know what's the official numbers though....anyone have an idea?

6. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    I can say from personal experience, finding an 06 manual Berlinetta with steel rotors took 8-9 months of browsing online and contacting dealerships. Worth it for sure, but it was a long process.

Of the cars being sold online it's roughly 5% manual with ~75% of those being the spiders. And agree with sunir, you can't datamine because most cars listed as manual are mis-listed F1 transmissions.

Manual transmission was available to 09, but there are less and less of them in latter years.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    2009 is the last year for F430 and they made a few sticks.

8. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    Marshall Goldman seems to get them in stock every now and then, my local dealer Cauley also seems to get them in stock a few times a year.

9. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    I've looked into Marshall Goldman....like almost every dealer in the country they too list them as manual or 6 speed when they are F1 gearboxes.

This happens all the time and is quite frustrating when searching for that needle in a haystack 3 pedal car. Some dealers don't know the difference since F1 uses clutches and is a manual gearbox just not a 3 pedal car with a "traditional" manual gearbox and the conventional Ferrari gated shifter. They throw it all into "manual gearbox" ...which certainly is not the case. Unless you see it in person, or look at pics of that exact car (no stock photos, they do that too) don't be certain of it.

10. Northwest 550

Northwest 550 Karting

May 20, 2009
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Brown M. Maloney
    Ferrari produced very few "standard" 430's for the 2009 MY. My understanding is roughly 100 (+/-) 430's came into North America for the 2009 model year.

Most dealers only had two-or-three allocations for the standard 430 as the final year production line was occupied mostly with Scuds and 16M's. Today, a standard 430 for the 2009 model year (ie: non-Scud or 16M) is reasonably scarce on any level.

We are very familiar with a Northwest six-speed manual spider that was ordered in February, produced in June and delivered in August of 2009.

One of the last manuals for sure.

Who knows - maybe even the last manual.

11. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    They have a red 07 430 spider 6 speed in stock right now...

12. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    ^^^ Awesome! ...that's good to know, could you post a link for anyone interested they could check it out. I don't recall being able to view a lot of their pics when I was searching for a car...I remember their name, they have some good some come thru for sure.

13. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you for the data. Very much appreciated.

14. txitalia

txitalia Formula Junior

May 5, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Frank
    #15 txitalia, Jan 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I picked up my '07 430 Berlinetta 6 sp manual, at Porsche North Houston back in August. I knew they were tough to find, but had no idea what the numbers were.

I feel very special to have gotten mine!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. unkiemotorhead

Nov 14, 2013
    I have an 09 manual coupe, and try to watch for information such as in this thread. Below is an exchange I had a few months ago on this subject with a member who develops and manages his own database of production numbers. Some of you may have better (or perhaps just conflicting) information, but this is what I've found so far. He already had my 430 in his database. Do your own math to support your own speculation. :)
    unkiemotorhead

=======================
    I am very interested in knowing the serial number of your manual '09 F430! Can you tell m the serial number?

Indeed I'm still actively (obsessively) maintaining my database - everyday! And not just of F430s, but of all Ferraris!

As of right now, I currently have 4,081 F430 Berlinettas in my database, and 5,006 F430 Spiders. Also, as of right now, I have 75 2009 USA model F430 Berlinettas in my database, and 117 2009 USA model F430 Spiders in my database.

While I'd like to believe that I've miraculously documented every 2009 USA model F430 Berlinetta and 2009 F430 Spider in the US, I don't believe that part of my work is done - so there's the very real possibility that there are still more 2009 USA model F430s out there, yet to be recorded.

Of the 75 2009 USA model year F430 Berlinettas in my database, I have six that are confirmed manuals. So no matter what the true production number is, there's no doubt that yours is a very rare example.

=========================
    and this:

This year (2009) is supposed to be the last year for the F430. I heard from a reliable source that the US will get very few F430s and F430 Spiders (approximately 30 and 100 respectively?). I try to keep track of as many Ferraris as possible and, so far, I have 34 2009 model year F430 Berlinettas in the US and 51 2009 model year F430 Spiders. Each model's production seems to increase from its predecessor, so I imagine that Ferrari produced more F430s and F430 Spiders than 360 Modenas and 360 Spiders. Ferrari made a worldwide total of 8,500 360 Modenas and 7,500 360 Spiders. So far, I have a total of 3,327 F430s and 4,094 F430 Spiders.