Door lock opening mechanism issue | FerrariChat

Door lock opening mechanism issue

Discussion in '360/430' started by JoaoPedrosasantos, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JoaoPedrosasantos

Oct 23, 2013
    #1 JoaoPedrosasantos, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    Hi guys.
    Im dealing with an issue on my left modena door.The remote control opens the door with one click and closes with a second click.This is how usually works.
    Out of the blue, the remote and keys started to open the door and closing it right after with one click only.
    The little door knob from the outside doesnt even activate the system nor it opens the door.So i had to enter through the passenger seat since it allowed me to actually open the door between the clicks of the remote.
    Than inside of the car and on the drivers seat i tried to open the door from the inside .It wasnt possible, I took out the door's small arm rest and i checked the cables ( the one who ativates the door opening and the one that activates the door lock. I pushed the door openening cable too hard ( through the inside door knob ) and i broke a little yellow pastic join that links the steel cable to the lever. So now i have one part that i need to buy ( which i dont know the reference number for) and i still have the problem unsolved - I can´t open the drivers door !!
    I think its the electical part that is stuck righ under the door handle but at this point i think i would have to disassemble the door in order to have it fixed.

Thing is , i dont know if im able to have the door disassebled with the door closed !!

Anyway can have a reference numbers for the inside door lock components ?
    Also can I have acess to the interior of the door ,with the door closed ?

Thanks guys, Im from Portugal and its a 2004 Modena Spyder.

Joao

2. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
  3. honda.vfr

honda.vfr Karting

Jun 22, 2012
    Ostrava, CZ (EU)
    Full Name:
    Milan Pukl
  4. C Alexander

C Alexander Karting

May 9, 2013
    NY
    Full Name:
    Mr. H
    It is most likely the lock actuator that pulls on the cable to open the lock.

A common symptom before failure is when opening the door has a "hard" feel to it. Pulling on the outside door handle should be smooth but if it's not, it probably means the actuator is on its way out.

Search eBay if you plan to replace it yourself. Otherwise, the dealer will charge about $900 to fix.

5. JoaoPedrosasantos

Oct 23, 2013
    I was able to disassemble the door gray metal panel from the inside pretty much and i can touch the cables and some of the hardware with my hands ,inside the door.Athough the door is still locked and i cant seem to move anything manually.I mean i read the post where it shows the actuator and it seems that there is something i could move/press to make the door open.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/attachments/360-430/1861881d1395788153-my-door-wont-open-all-serrure-2.jpg

I wonder why i cant get the screw driver on the top red arrow and make it move...Is it needed to push the door handle from the inside at the same time ??I really dont want take it to the dealer.They will rip me off badly i know.So i appreciate if you can help a little further.
    Joao

6. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I had the same problem. I tried adjusting the cables but they were fine.
    In the end I bought a good used mech from a guy in Australia for $140.00 and put it in.
    That sorted it.
    Just be aware which way all the cables run, because it will make a difference.
    Ask me how I know!
    I found it quite an easy job, once the door panel was removed that is.

Oh yeh, one more thing. If you do change the actuator make sure you use a GOOD quality hex tool, because they will easily round off otherwise.
    Again, ask me how I know.

7. JoaoPedrosasantos

Oct 23, 2013
    So ,can you point me what is the name/ reference number part is ?
    Im still wondering ,were you able to do this change with your door closed ?

8. 993man

993man Formula Junior

Sep 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Graham
    The part number for the left side is 65836200.
    You will need to open the door though to change the part.
    If you really can't open the door you are going to have to go to someone that knows about these cars.
    Look around for a used part because the new one is quite expensive.

9. JoaoPedrosasantos

Oct 23, 2013
    Got it.
    The finally opened.I was able to open it through the window compartment with a clothes hanger. I took the lock out of the door. It was full of nasty grub and the lock cable was not moving anywhere.So the lock wasnt able to recover to open position since the steel cable want moving therefore not allowing the lock to open.
    I have changed both cables from the door since Ferrari orignal cable are not epensive.
    Thanks everyone for your support.
    Joao