What tires for a Scud at what pressure? | FerrariChat

What tires for a Scud at what pressure?

Discussion in '360/430' started by prd575, Jan 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. prd575

prd575 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 11, 2012
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Philippe Dorier
    Will soon replace the Pirelli PZero set of tires on my Scud and want something different. I rely a lot on the Tire Rack Surveys and that are extremely poorly rated.
    I am thinking Michelin Pilot Super Sport. Any opinion?
    Also, the recommended pressure in the owner's manual is for Pirelli only. Any reason for the good pressure on a Michelin PSS to be different?

2. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    30-32PSI cold is fine on the street for MPSS. On the track you will want to run 32-34 PSI HOT.

3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    MPSS tires are the best street tires for Ferrari currently, as long as you are not looking for DOT race tires like the Corsas or Pilot Sport Cups. Much better wear rating, too (300). Start with 32 F&R as mentioned above and adjust to your driving style.

4. alxforschnr

alxforschnr Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2012
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Alx
    I run Corsa System. However, I have yet to push the car so I can't comment on their performance.

5. bldscud

bldscud Karting

Aug 19, 2011
    Washington DC Area
    This is exactly what I run on the street and on the track. It works great for me. I had the Corsas before the MPSS. I am very happy with the MPSS. They are amazingly good on both the track and the street. While I think my Corsas were heat cycled out, and therefore not at top performance, my MPSS are as good on the track as the Corsas and better on the street. And they don't seem to suffer from heat cycling.

6. johnwi

johnwi Karting

Nov 30, 2014
    santa monica, CA
    MPSS all the way!

7. Fiorano57

Fiorano57 Formula 3
    BANNED

Dec 23, 2010
    +1 I have about 450 miles on mine and run pressures as stated in my owners manual.

8. skip737

skip737 Karting

Dec 31, 2008
    Lodi, New York
    Full Name:
    WJH
    I replaced the Pirellis on my 16M with the Michelin Pilot SuperSports, and haven't looked back. Better tires in every respect, especially with wet grip. This may be unfair to the Pirellis as the rears were worn out completely at 10,000 miles. Fronts not so much. You will probably go through two or three sets of rears for every front set. Less expensive, too. And much better wear ratings, 300 versus 60. I run 30 psi rear and 32 front.