F360 won't start after battery down. | FerrariChat

F360 won't start after battery down.

Discussion in '360/430' started by hbonilla, Jan 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hbonilla

hbonilla Rookie

Jun 7, 2014
    I did not drive my 360 for a couple of months and the battery went almost dead. I.e. The alarm red light was still blinking and you could hear a click when turning the key but the engine would not turn.

I charged the battery and now the engine turns and it says check ok. However the engine won't start.

Any advice?

Thanks

2. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Do doors lock and unlock?

3. ccalo

ccalo Karting

Aug 20, 2013
    CT us
    Full Name:
    Carmine Calo
    Check the battery in your remote it might be dead. I would also try your spare remote if you have one

4. hbonilla

hbonilla Rookie

Jun 7, 2014
    I tried locking and unlocking the doors from the outside three or four times and the car started.

I cannot come with reasonable explanation, but I thank you for leading me to explore.

Thanks

5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    The immobilizer needs to be synchronized with the remote. It can get out of synch. Once they lock and unlock the remote then you know its synchronized and the car will start.

6. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Good for you for being patient and charging the battery vs. trying to jump start. When not using the car for a couple weeks or more, but it on a battery tender (i.e. not a battery charger or trickle charger but a tender- you can leave it safely plugged in for months or more at a time...) Sounds like your remote got out of synch (never happened to me in 5 years of 360 ownership, but it sounds like what happened to you)